The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Throttle body seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlaw12

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2012
roy, Utah
Is there anything that can cause them to go bad quickly? I bought a freshly rebuilt one from a very reliable person less than a year ago and they are already bad.

Yes, of course. Sounds like the beauty of aftermarket parts.. How sure are you it was rebuilt? Also takes into consideration how many miles it had/the conditions it was undergoing prior to you owning it? Also, what test have you done to conclude its leaking from the seals?

Pretty easy fix but be careful if you attempt it when you have to remove the throttle plate screws, which if it is rebuilt, should have lock tite on them now. If you do your own seals like we did, dremel off the edges of the back sides of the throttle plate screws before attempting (with a proper fitting phillips screwdriver) to remove them and mark the plate so it goes back in the shaft exactly the way it came out or it won't seal. We did my son's and since I am good with carbs, it was a breeze. I lubed the seals with some vasaline and the shaft too before sliding it back into the bore. Just info, hope it helps. Not sure of the vendor for the seals, but it was a reputable one that I expect was found on here.

If it is one of mine, I will rebuild it free of charge. If not, I would be happy to sell you some shaft seals to repair the problem.

It was rebuilt with all oem parts.

If it is one of mine, I will rebuild it free of charge. If not, I would be happy to sell you some shaft seals to repair the problem.

It wasn't from you and I already ordered new seals. But thank you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back