1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Thread sealer on clutch line fitting on master

Posted by jkuga, Jul 5, 2020

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. jkuga

jkuga Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2017
    Silverton, Oregon
    This might be a stupid question but is it necessary to put thread sealer on the bottom half of the the clutch line fitting into the master? I've been trying to make sure my clutch is bleed properly as my south bend ss pressure plate is softer than my daily driver lancer which doesn't seem right. I bench bled my slave and bled everything when I installed my new clutch. I had to pull out my master to get rid of some surface rust bad paint underneath and can't remember if that fitting was installed already without it when I put this new master and slave in a few thousand miles ago. Just trying to rule potential air entry points out. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    20200705_184914~2.jpg

Street Build 496  8

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. 91talonts1

91talonts1 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Spencer, North Carolina
    No sealer on that, it's a flare fitting.

Drag Race Build 4K  15

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. BoostedTurtle

BoostedTurtle Probationary Member

Joined May 2, 2018
    Yakima, Washington
    Both of my 2gs don’t have any thread seal on the master cylinder I have the ss braided line on both and the clutch works great. You can use it if it makes you feel better but you don’t need it.

Street Build 163  1

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 521  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 958  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    210 whp · 219 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    jkuga likes this.
  4. jkuga

jkuga Proven Member