The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Thoughts on my AEM Oil pressure gauge install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradikus7

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I was trying to find a place out of the way and yet I can easily see when needed. I didn't want a third gauge on the pillar as I felt it would be too cluttered. I didn't want to remove my vent's since I'm keeping A/C and as far as I can tell, there isn't a single pod gauge cluster mount (only the dual one).

So I decided to put it where the cig lighter goes. I don't smoke and only use it for phone charging, I'll be moving the actual cig lighter to the bottom of the ash tray, mounting it securely and it will be basically hidden. Just curious on peoples thoughts?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

On the pillar I have a black dual gauge pod with matching AEM WB and TRUboost.

I'm keeping AC in my car and installed gauges in place of my center vents. When you block it off, all the air still goes through to the door panels, so you're not losing anything.

Your spot looks good, though. Nice and clean. I would just prefer to keep my gauges eye level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not eye level so its not very functional imo. I'm getting the triple pullar and it doesnt look cluttered to me. Plus there is always the Dash bezel STM sells.

Nice idea, just not functional.

I'm keeping AC in my car and installed gauges in place of my center vents. When you block it off, all the air still goes through to the door panels, so you're not losing anything.

Your spot looks good, though. Nice and clean. I would just prefer to keep my gauges eye level.

Obviously yours looks amazing, but I prefer to keep that center vent. The door vents don't work quite as well IMO.

Its not eye level so its not very functional imo. I'm getting the triple pullar and it doesnt look cluttered to me. Plus there is always the Dash bezel STM sells.

Nice idea, just not functional.
I feel like oil pressure is something that you need to be able to check easily but not something that needs focusing on constantly so I think it is very functional where I have it. Literally all you have to do is glance over quickly. Also the gauge bezel you're referring to only comes as a dual and I have no need for a fourth gauge.

I guess it's all in opinion but I think that three on the pillar is very cluttered. :idontknow:

Obviously yours looks amazing, but I prefer to keep that center vent. The door vents don't work quite as well IMO.

I guess it's all in opinion but I think that three on the pillar is very cluttered. :idontknow:

With the way the air is distributed, it hits your center vents first, so they get about 70% of the air, 30% to the door panels. When you block off the center vents, 100% of the air is going to the door panels, so theres alot more airflow than what you have currently going to them. But again, your choice.

And I agree about the a-pillar pod. Not because it looks cluttered, but it just isnt the cleanest idea to me.

I'm the opposite :) a 3 gauge pillar looks clean to me because everything is in one place. And I get to keep my ac and lighter.

I'll be keeping both of mine as well. Just slightly relocated to a better place IMO. I don't know how many times my phone charger and cord has interfered with my shifter. :thumb:

Looks good there. I was going to mount my volt gauge there but now I'm leaning towards setting up a triple gauge bezel and mounting it under an aftermarket head unit. It looks like there will be enough room.

Did you make that piece?

Nice gauges + A-pillar = stolen......... At least in my area.:(

Nice placement on the gauge though. Very clean install:thumb:.. I like my gauges in the center vent because they are not in plain view of anybody.

Very clean, i like this

I personally love my triple pillar, everythings right there where i can easily glance at it. I also like the cluster pods though if you need more space. I will most likely be getting this for EGT and Water Temp, im rocking wideband, boost, and oil press on my pillar.
GlowShift 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster (2g DSM) - Modern Automotive Performance

Did you make that piece?

No, I traded someone an a-pillar triple gauge pod for it, LOL.

Very clean, i like this

I personally love my triple pillar, everythings right there where i can easily glance at it. I also like the cluster pods though if you need more space. I will most likely be getting this for EGT and Water Temp, im rocking wideband, boost, and oil press on my pillar.
GlowShift 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster (2g DSM) - Modern Automotive Performance

I also have the gauge cluster pod.

Gauge cluster pod.

I've got a 3 pillar pod but getting rid of it because I think it looks too 'boy racer-ish' (ricer-ish maybe).
Now I've got a cluster pod, triple center vent pod (discontinued Mach V one) and I've got a volt gauge where the cig lighter was.

Here's an example of a triple vent bezel my brother and I made. I used to have a triple pillar and didn't realize until after I took it out that I lost a bit of visibility. It was nice to have the gauges there, but I much prefer them in the vent bezel and to have that extra bit of view back out the windshield. And as stated before, if you want to retain A/C, just flip the piece in the center vent to block off the center vent and it'll redistribute through the rest of the vent system.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/152563919-post12.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/152563919-post12.html

Is there anywhere to get this.. but with the gauges facing the driver? I am thinking of something like this, and also with the gauges along the curve of the top edge. I could make it.. but don't want to.

Thinking of some ideas for the boost controller and turbo timer too.. I want them to clean and out of sight mostly.

Keeping it up high, close to your line of sight outside is best. I can't imagine looking that far down (cig lighter) to check a guage. If it is something so important as to go through a process of buying and installing a guage to monitor systems, put it up near the rest.

Cody does those, his name is glowryder and he is in the freelance section! Think it's under the 420a freelancer area!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back