The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

those of you who have a megan racing dp for gst's..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevew1

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2004
new/east brunswick area, New_Jersey
i recently purchased a megan racing dp, with 2.5''inlet and 3'' outlet but after looking at my catback, i'm not sure if it will fit. I'm not the original owner so i don't know what kind it is since it doesnt have a name on it but there is a reducer looking coupler about 2-3inches long between the catback and the cat.
Is this the piece that apexi n1 exhausts come with? (do apexi n1s have the name engraved on the tip or anything?) if so, will the megan racing dp probably be too short? thanks

hmm..if it is an n1, will the megan fit to the reducer coupler?

stevew1 said:
hmm..if it is an n1, will the megan fit to the reducer coupler?

YES. The megan dp for our cars necks down a bit to meet up with the stock cat and it is a cat depleted downpipe ( that just means its longer). As long as you have the reducer that comes with the N1 catback system you will be fine. gasket sizing might be your issue. i have a megan dp mated to a PIT 3" cat back. I welded in a straight 3" pipe elimating the neck down on the dp and the reducer that came with my catback at the same time. I used the flange from the reducer(the 3" side) welded it to the 3" pipe to bolt it to the catback......str8 3" from the flex to the muffler.

Thats a smart idea^^^^b/c from what I understand, there would end up being a neck down at the catback and the downpipe, so it would be a full 3" exhaust with a 2.5" small neck in the middle of it...Definitely not going to help the flow much...So, you could do with that guy did and just use a 3" pipe to go in between the downpipe and catback so there is no restriction

Just a Quick Q tho:

If you got the 3" downpipe and the 3" Catback both from MR, would there still be a bottle-neck or would both units have 3" outlets and matching gaskets between the 2 pipes...??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back