The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

thinking about buying this

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would get a 6 bolt that way you won't have to worry about crankwalk, just my $.02.

Hi,

Those 2.4l are 4g64. They don't crankwalk. I bought one of their short blocks and was surprised about the low cost and quick shipping. They are also very friendly and help you out with any additional questions. Those rebuilt long blocks are oem 4g64 internal rebuilt and come with a 4g63 head, I believe. Don't quote me on that one. But check that out, because you can't go and boost (high) with those oem internals.

Sven

djsven said:
Hi,

Those 2.4l are 4g64. They don't crankwalk. I bought one of their short blocks and was surprised about the low cost and quick shipping. They are also very friendly and help you out with any additional questions. Those rebuilt long blocks are oem 4g64 internal rebuilt and come with a 4g63 head, I believe. Don't quote me on that one. But check that out, because you can't go and boost (high) with those oem internals.

Sven
I thought the 4g64 was a 7bolt and they had the same problems withthem, if not, my bad :rolleyes:

Hi,

yes, 4g64 are 7bolts. But they use a different crankshaft. And it seems that they fixed the problem with these cranks.

Sven

well can i use oem turbo internals on the 4g64 block???

There was a thread not to long ago talking about how the 2.4's (4g64's) at 18+ psi had horrible head gasket problems. One member claimed his first headgasket (OEM) on less then 500 miles at 21psi. And according to Satan, 4g63 internals will not work in a 4g64 block. Not to sure why, i thought that it just had a difference in cylinder length.

Hi,

You can use your rods, but the pistons are different. As long as you use the 7bolt 4g63 rods for the 7 bolt 4g64. You need special pistons for the 4g64 block with 4g63 head. JE, wiseco and others have them.

Sven

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back