The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

thinking about buying colt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnypimp

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2003
Miami, Florida
i want this to be my race/project car. how hard is it to put a 4g63 in it, i will have the money. i just want to know how much i'm going to spend. btw the body is in good shape only thing is it needs a fuel pump, which is no biggie because i'm going to change it when i do the swap. ta :talon: lon also it's an 89

its a pretty cheap setup. I would get a 4g61 turbo wiring harness so it's plug and play I used the 4g63 turbo harness and it was a little bit of a pain. You can get some turbo colt engine and trans mounts and your set. You use the non turbo auto axels out of a colt. If your car is a auto or its got a non hydrolic clutch you will have to swap out the pedals for a hydrolic setup which is no problem. If you are really cheap with the project you can put it together for around 1800 or cheaper.

find an old rwd colt. those are cooler :thumb:

Be sure to also look into S&W, and even the Bersa and Taurus line have nice offerings. If you're rich and don't need to be, go straight to H&K.

awdrst said:
its a pretty cheap setup. I would get a 4g61 turbo wiring harness so it's plug and play I used the 4g63 turbo harness and it was a little bit of a pain. You can get some turbo colt engine and trans mounts and your set. You use the non turbo auto axels out of a colt. If your car is a auto or its got a non hydrolic clutch you will have to swap out the pedals for a hydrolic setup which is no problem. If you are really cheap with the project you can put it together for around 1800 or cheaper.

it's 5 speed, so can i use the axles that's already on the car??? btw can you pm a list of stuff that i need to do the swap :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back