The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The time has come...1g here i come

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse96Ryder

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2003
ArizonaUS
ok so first off, i would like to say the slowness of a non-turbo eclipse has really got to me. Even though I do have a star kit on the way, and my bottom end is sitting in my living room, the fwd puts limits on the car. So I found a nice 1g awd in my area...almost stock, 3" turbo back exhaust, aluminum intercooler piping, greddy BOV..the car is selling for 2800 obo. Im thinking 2500. So im putting my car up for sale in autotrader and im probabaly gonna go pick this one up monday. I will hate to see my car drive away, ive put a ton of money and labor into it but its really just not worth it. So if everything goes right then i should be the proud owner of a 91 GSX sometime this week.

Tell me what you guys think

when you test it out, realize there are other cars out there.
donmt rush into it, and have it checked out, it could end up to be nothng but hassles.
happy boostin'

but i mean...does everybody think its worth it...after spending about 5000 in parts for my 2gnt...but then i started thinking, 5000 on a 1g would get me way faster then on my 2gnt

I love 1Ga's. I think if the car is in good shape and has no problems it will be a nice buy. I got mine for $2500 almost a year and a half. The guy before I guess kept okay care of it. Only problems I had was a dead alternator, dead battery, and coil pack. Those aren't to big of problems. Overall I love the car even though I say I hate her. Like I said, I'd go for it if the car is in good shape and has no problems. Good luck.

I would just say keep in mind what Xcelr8n said. If you feel anything is wrong with the car make sure you address them. Don't let your excitment make you overlook all the potential problems and have buyers remorse on the drive home. But i wish you the best of luck.

well i was gonna go look at it monday but one of my close coworkers just passed away in a car accident..she was my age...only 17..horrible :(

im gonna try to look at it tuesday...the guy claims its a 13 sec car in his ad...we'll see

If it is a 13sec car it has been modified already. I would try to stay way from already moded cars as you do not know how well these mods were done or how the car was driven.

That or he is lieing. Either way it would make me lose intrest in it fast. I know the one im going to buy from my brother is $2500 with 89,000 miles and ZERO mods. 100% stock :D :D :D (not dents too!)

Yep, *most* people wont want to buy a modded car. especially if you dont know the person, and have no idea if they beat on the car.

I guess there are exceptions though. I bought my mechanics Tsi, all modded out, but i know that he and his shop installed all modifications 100% correct. It was also his weekend car, which was hardly driven, and all the performance parts were less than 4k miles old.

But, i doubt you'll run into a case like that, so stick with a mildly to none modded car.

its almost stock besides the exhaust and intercooler piping. I went and looked at it tonight...turbo spools really nice, exhaust sounds incredible, he just got a new clutch and a new tranny...the seats are tan leather in near perfect condition, drives incredible and shifts smoothly. Im thinking im gonna go pick it up tomorrow...the paint is in ver very nice condition which surprised me because its a 1991. Anyways, thanks a lot guys for the advice and if i get it ill most definately post some pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back