The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

the best way to get at the torque converter bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtincher22085

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
I was wondering if there is a better way to install the converter bolts. Is there a window or a special wrench thats designed to get in the little place to tighten or loosen them? i had the head off and i took them off via the starter opening. so now the motor is complete and installed to the trans but now i can't get to the bolt holes through the starter opening. I know there is a shield i took off the way bottom by the oil pan i can see them but don't have any type of wrench to get in there to tighten them.:confused:

I already had to take the engine out again because my newbie ass never made sure the torque converter was all the way seated on the pump!:banghead:
whats the torque on these bolt too 30lbs? or 50lbs any help please thanks guys.

I can't remember what the tor specs are but to put the bolts on or take them off, get underneath the car and look at the bottom of the transmission where it bolts up to the motor. There should be a little window that is usually blocked by a thin metal plate. You can rotate the converter/flex plate from here and put on/take off bolts. when you put them back on, make sure to use thread lock on them. You don't want those coming loose. Happened to a buddy of mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back