The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Beginning of the End!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PublicEnemy

Probationary Member
Aug 14, 2010
Chillicothe, Ohio
1997 Eagle Talon TSI​

I've started building a car that I have wanted for a long time. I bought a 1996 Talon AWD last week for a company thats helping my build my motor. Heres a quick pic..
Carleftside.jpg

It's in ruff shape, but it does have some potential. It already has E85 Fuel pump and SS braided lines. It has Tokico racing suspension and wheels.

I'm trying to make a really fast street car. I've been building the engine with Showdown Racing for a couple weeks now. Heres what we been doing..

- 6 bolt block modded to accept the 7 bolt pump
- 7 bolt pump modded to accept 6 bolt block
- Stock crank
- Manley Rods
- Aries Pistons
- Stainless steal O-ring head
- Head Stage 3 port and polished
- Kiggly Beehive springs and ratainers
- 3g lifters
- 280 Cams
- 75mm Throttle Body
- 1600cc Injectors
- DSMLINK V3
- Eprom ECU
- HKS T4 Turbo

I will add some pictures of the engine on the next post.
I'm going to start stripping the car down tomorrow and will post some more pictures.

Nice. What are you going to do about the wiring harness in the engine bay? Do you need to change it out?

No, everything will connect up. They modded the oil pump so I still use a 7 bolt. Everything else from what I'm told is the same.

Not to contradict you, but the body work does not say 97 Talon. The 97 had the high mount rear spoiler and a body stripe down the side that led to the rear bumper line. This looks like a 95-96.

Ohh yeah.. Sorry that should say 1996. I will change it LOL. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back