The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

In The Beginning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryguy86eklipse

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Good morning everyone,

I was fortunate enough to find a stock 92.5 (7/4) setup bone stock a year and a half ago with 152,000mi. One thing I had quickly discovered was that the engine was swapped with another 1G 7-bolt, but it was out of an Automatic DSM. The turbo was swapped as well, so I've currently got the 13G on there as well as the 390cc injectors, auto fuel rail, auto cams (I assume, not verified yet.), and also the Auto ECU... on the brightside it's an EPROM :).

At the time of purchase I was working full-time and making decent money to support the habit and started to save up. Here’s a list of parts I’ve acquired:
-KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
-Small 16g (no shaft play, and the turbo came with oil lines, j-pipe, etc.)
-2g Exhaust Manifold
-1G Auto Fuel Rail, (3) 450cc injectors (One was lost in shipping )
-950cc FIC Low-Impedence Injectors (Picked them up cheap locally on craigslist and brand new!)
-RX-7 FD Light-weight rims (These will most likely be traded/sold. Not willing to run spacers for Auto-X/Road-Race.)

Now to the current day:

I’ve had the coilovers installed March of 09 and removed the MAF Silencer star and hacked the MAF Air Can. I’ve also completed the fuel pump rewire. As it sits, the car is doing fairly well, however there are a few issues:
-Engine has a few minor oil leaks.
-Transmission pops out of 1st gear.
-Piston rings are shot. (Compression test results are 135/124/133/134)
-Automatic turbo, injectors, cams, fuel rail. (I know.. ew.)

With the help of a local DSM'er who for now will be anonymous until I can get his approval for releasing his name, I will be rebuilding the engine, transmission, and hopefully adding a few ponies in the process.

My engine rebuild will be done to stock specs for the most part, aside from some ARP Head Studs and Bolts. I will be eliminating the balance shaft belt to free up some extra power and eliminate potential problems down the road.

The transmission will be freshened up with mainly stock parts, and hopefully later today/tomorrow I’ll have the exact list of parts used for the rebuild.

The game-plan for performance upgrades are as followed:
-Boost Gauge
-Manual Boost Controller
-Chip the ECU to run 950cc injectors w/ E85
-Install the 950cc injectors
-Pick up and install a Walbro 255
- Convert to E85
-Install the Small 16G
-Install 2g Exhaust Manifold
-Install 3” Turbo-Back Exhaust System (Straight Pipe)
-Install Wideband O2
-Convert to Blow-through (MAP and MAF-T for sale on a local tuner forum)
-XTD Stage 4 Clutch Disk (Keep stock pressure plate)
-Prothane Motor Mounts.. (May possibly do Master Kit at the same time.)

Please check back as this will probably be a fairly active and quick build if there are no major hiccups. (Jinx.)

-Ryan R.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back