The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The beginning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajpm26

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2010
Niles, Illinois
background info, I bought the car last summer, was completely an impulse buy, looked promising. I was very wrong.
Some background about the car, its a '93 talon tsi fwd, been sitting for 3 years, long enough to have multiple beehives in it. :ohdamn:

Drove the car a few miles before the clutch master cylinder went out, luckily for me, I broke down right next to an autozone that had one in stock.

DSC02865.jpg

Drove it for a little while, didnt do much other than a few free mods, then it got bad, so badly that sparks started coming out of it.
car.jpg

YouTube - this better ####ing work
(skip to 43 seconds, me against my buddie's bugeye wrx w/ sti turbo and tranny)

Then I went from engine rebuild to complete build on the car.

Engine in:
DSC03027.jpg

Engine out:
Image10082010133045.jpg

Pulled the engine out at school, if anyone was wondering.

Found out that it had a 6 bolt swapped into it, too bad I already bought a gasket set, 7 bolt shortblock, head, and other 7 bolt stuff.
securedownload1.jpg

Image11012010155949.jpg

(not using that headgasket btw)
Image11012010155717.jpg

Specs on the shortblock and rest of the engine parts are:
acl main bearings
evo 9 pistons and rods
felpro permatorque composite headgasket
arp studs
272 regrinds similar to hks specs
evo9 valvesprings and retainers

And thats where I'll stop for now.

genegoesfast;bt13263 said:
What the hell was the sparking?

Who knows, LOL, most likely my wheel bearing that was failing, the axle boots were torn, the rear motor mount wasn't even connected, the whole car was swapped terribly before it came into my hands.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back