1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

TERRIBLE suspension noise. Please help!

Posted by FlamingWeasel, Mar 2, 2003

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Its not in the picture you postedi it would be to the upper right of that pic on top of the knuckle

Street Build 4K  8

1996 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Heryst78

Heryst78 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2017
    Paris, Europe
    Is it this one ? :)

Attached Files:

3. Heryst78

Heryst78 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2017
    Paris, Europe
    Up guys i need your help please, my rear suspensions are making big noise i dont feel safe while driving...

4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    have you checked your bushes or even if its the upper mounting for the shock? its more likely to be the suspension arm bushes then the shock mounting bush but still worth a check

Road Race Build 8K  10  51

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  5. Heryst78

Heryst78 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2017
    Paris, Europe
    Yes i’ve already check all rear bushes and they looks great, but i have a big noise like if something is moving, i have this noise only when i drive in bad roads, with holes
    Thanks you :)

6. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Then all i can say is grab everything and check further, if its still showing nothing then maybe you got a dead shock

ChessmoDSM likes this.
  7. Heryst78

Heryst78 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2017
    Paris, Europe
    Shocks are both news, it’s since i changed them and put lower springs that the noise came...

8. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Sounds like you should go back over the install with a fine tooth comb then, if the noise was not present before the work done, then said work must be the issue..

9. Heryst78

Heryst78 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2017
    Paris, Europe
    Yes i think too !
    I watched many diagrams for rear shocks, mine looks to be good (as diagrams).
    I’ve seen someone in DSMTuners says that the top bolt is difficult to put properly, and the spring couldn’t be properly tensionned.
    Someone have already seen that?

10. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    all the bolts are easy to get to and do up, its just poor person skills normally, lack of skill and not thinking correctly most of the time, before i used to torque it all i didalot up tight, never once did i have an issue before,

nothing really is hard to do up on this chassis, a little tricky sure but always possible 98% of the time,

so re check your work and if unsure go ask someone for help who can assist you further to check your work you did to confirm its all ok, if you did it all up ok then the shocks are bad from the box or you are riding on your bump stops which is bad, without having the car in front of me or us we can only give you pointers, so spend hours if needs be taking it all apart and checking and this will make you better at working on cars from more knowledge and learning in future