The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Suspension Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HooverCJL24

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2004
North Canton, Ohio
I installed my suspension last night with some friends of mine. Everythign seems great but when i hit bumps my bck rear shock or wheel or something is making a loudddd clanking noise, i took the wheel off and made sure everything was reallll tight, still getting the clank. I check the trunk to see if it was something rattling in there, no luck. It sounds like metal on metal and its driving me nuts but i have no idea what it is. Any suggestions? thanks

how low is your car? The upper control arm is probably hitting the upper part of the inner fender

iv got eibach sportlines which lower it no more then 2 inchs, not even close to that. I have a 3 finger gap between my 17s and the fender...and it seems to only be coming from the one side...right now it seems the driver side is a litttle lower then the passenger side, i dont know if its just because it hasnt settled yet or what, but that noise is driving me nuts

check the sway bar, make sure it is tightned down. they often loosen up after new suspention is installed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back