The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Tech Guide: Stage "1" Power for 1G 4G63t, some questions about it

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91LaSerTurBo3

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2008
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan_Canada
well, i recently purchased a 90 laser turbo, and am now looking at the tech guide, and im realizing that the car i purchased has come with a number of mod's that are on that list, and also people keep saying that my car may be running a bit lean, im wondering if its possible that i am running lean, with some stage 1 mods? i have a 3"turboback exhaust, boost gauge, and a MBC.

well any time you open more air to a turbo car, and dont address the fuel you could be running lean. also, as long as you don't crank the MBC up as far as it will go there shouldn't be too many issues. one of the things also that i belive should be on that list is an A/F gauge. i wouldn't say you're running TOO lean but you could be running a little lean.

How was the assumption of the car running lean concluded? The car will not run dangerously lean unless your boost is turned up a lot, bad fuel component, or if your car has a hacked MAF.

As long as you are keeping the boost down, those modifications should not be any reason for you to run lean. With those modifications, you shouldn't be running anything above 14-15 PSI.
Do you have any CELs, if so what are they? How do you know or why do you feel like you are running lean? These are more of the type of questions you should be asking and trying to answer. Just because a few people tell you you might be running lean doesn't necessarily mean that you are.

well any time you open more air to a turbo car, and dont address the fuel you could be running lean. also, as long as you don't crank the MBC up as far as it will go there shouldn't be too many issues. one of the things also that i belive should be on that list is an A/F gauge. i wouldn't say you're running TOO lean but you could be running a little lean.

You were doing good till you said a/f gauge:) This gauge does nothing but blink. You need a logger to see if your running lean!

the air fuel gauge is a valuable peice, cause maybe in his cercumstance he may not have to money to buy a logger of any kind. (i'm not speaching for him, cause i don't know him)
But an A/F gauge would let him know so he could make what ever appropriate changes he may need to. also if he had to make a couple changes, those changes may also be cheaper then buying a logger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back