The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

tdo6h wheel in a 7cm2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtmx3

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2003
--_United_States
Will a tdo6 or tdo6h turbine wheel fit in a 7cm2 housing without machine work?

no the tdo6/Td06h will need that 7cm^2 machined open to fit, the 6h/6 are HUGE comparred to the little 5h that goes in there

Eric

Uh yeah 10cm^2, NO!! Maybe if I was Drag Racing a truck, LOL! It was a silly question anyway because on the VFACS it specificaly says that the FP Frank turbos use 7cm^2's bored out. Anyway maybe this thread will make a good search topic.
thanks again :|

rtmx3 said:
Uh yeah 10cm^2, NO!! Maybe if I was Drag Racing a truck, LOL! It was a silly question anyway because on the VFACS it specificaly says that the FP Frank turbos use 7cm^2's bored out. Anyway maybe this thread will make a good search topic.
thanks again :|

Gmc Syclone/Typhoon come with Td06 17c turbo stock with an 8cm^2 housing stock, and can upgrade to the 10cm^2 or even 12cm^2 housings. :D

How about will a Td05h turbine wheel fit inside a TD06 exhaust housing? I have a 20g that the exhaust housing is messed up and would like to go to a bigger opening.

You are taking a smaller wheel and putting it in a larger housing, I don't see why there would be a problem...the complication is when you put a larger wheel in a smaller housing.

USAF TurboNeon said:
You are taking a smaller wheel and putting it in a larger housing, I don't see why there would be a problem...the complication is when you put a larger wheel in a smaller housing.

You don't want do that. Like putting a tdo5h turbine wheel into a housing that is cut for a Tdo6h. You want the exhaust energy to be directed at the blades, not to have a way to get around them.
It would kill spoolup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back