The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Targa T-top [Merged 7-7] T tops targas conversion

What is more unique?

• Awd Spyder (black w/ black top)

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Targa Gsx

Votes: 45 75.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man, that rear window is amazing. I dont even wanna know the work that would take to do. I know thats a photoshop, but still very sharp.

Man, that rear window is amazing. I dont even wanna know the work that would take to do. I know thats a photoshop, but still very sharp.

How's the targa holding up? I'm curious as to how these conversions are holding up over time.

I started my targa top 2G project this weekend.

It should be pretty easy. The roof came out no problem. All I need to do is weld up a bar around the windshield so it doesnt fall in at high speed. Then cap off the cuts with some insulation and i think it will be done.

I am not worried about a headliner because i am trying to save weight.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Did you add braces to the body? It is gonna flex real bad unless you add lots of support underneath. That is a major support area. Can't just cut the roof off/out of a unibody.

Did you add braces to the body? It is gonna flex real bad unless you add lots of support underneath. That is a major support area. Can't just cut the roof off/out of a unibody.

Completely agree. Let's hope the OP knows this because it looks like it's gonna be really cool. Good luck.

It should be pretty easy. The roof came out no problem. All I need to do is weld up a bar around the windshield so it doesnt fall in at high speed. Then cap off the cuts with some insulation and i think it will be done.

Yeah, imagine that, you took a sawzall to your roof, of course it will come out without a problem. :rolleyes:

And I hope you don't really think all you'll need to do is re-enforce the windshield and "cap the cuts with insulation". If you did that AWD swap yourself, I'm you probably don't. That unprotected sheetmetal will rust, your roof will leak and your car will flex like a twist-tie.

Poor car. :toobad:

:) can't wait to see the progress on the rest of the weight reduction! :)

Just use gorilla glue to hold it back in, it will seal perfectly. I have done it on all my cars.

You did it to a good looking car. I feel bad for it

You guys are acting like this hasn't been done before. I sure hope the OP has done his research for sure.

Exactly what I was thinking. I've seen a handful of them in members pictures on this site alone. But being negative towards others seems to be the new cool thing to do these days.

To the OP. I too hope the project goes well for you and you get it done and post some pictures. I think it looks really good when done well (judging from others' pictures on here). Best of luck

To each his own I guess. I think that's entirely just your opinion, which only matters to you.

Now I love this Targa conversion by Dre. It was done cleanly, the right way and looks great (in my opinion). He basically pioneered this shit on dsms.
Andre's Home Page :)

That looks like he knew what he was doing.

But yes, I'm not a fan of the targa top, and like you said, To each his own. ;) And I wish he at least could have done it to one that does not have a sunroof.

To each his own I guess. I think that's entirely just your opinion, which only matters to you.

Now I love this Targa conversion by Dre. It was done cleanly, the right way and looks great (in my opinion). He basically pioneered this shit on dsms.
Andre's Home Page :)

See now he did his right. But some people don't realize the work it takes to do the job. I like the look but only if it is done like it came from factory like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back