The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Targa T-top [Merged 7-7] T tops targas conversion

What is more unique?

• Awd Spyder (black w/ black top)

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Targa Gsx

Votes: 45 75.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leet said:
Ever hit a car door with a sledgehammer?

I'd hope if one were to make the sacrifice of welding their doors shut they would do it right and not weld just the skin... I think it would be easily possible to make the car sturdy by welding the doors, but then again... why??

Scrymerr said:
I'd hope if one were to make the sacrifice of welding their doors shut they would do it right and not weld just the skin... I think it would be easily possible to make the car sturdy by welding the doors, but then again... why??

Yo Dan how's the T-Top process going for ya. Maybe you should post a pic or two of that. It seemed like with that the rigidity (i think thats the right word) held up with that. plus looked pretty bad ass when I saw it.

Scrymerr said:

so you could jump in it dukes of hazzard style.:rocks:

PokinatchaPunk said:
Yo Dan how's the T-Top process going for ya. Maybe you should post a pic or two of that. It seemed like with that the rigidity (i think thats the right word) held up with that. plus looked pretty bad ass when I saw it.

I ALSO CONSIDERED GOING T TOP BUT ALL THE MIDLE BAR IS GOING TO DO IS BREAK THE WINDSHIELD

Scrymerr said:

We can hope, but I've seen some of the people that hang out here :sneaky:

bornine2000 said:
I ALSO CONSIDERED GOING T TOP BUT ALL THE MIDLE BAR IS GOING TO DO IS BREAK THE WINDSHIELD

Hey, just to let you know your caps lock is on. It's the key right next to the letter 'A'. And I don't think you know what you are talking about, and I am sure you have done no testing whatsoever to back up what you said.

Scrymerr said:
Hey, just to let you know your caps lock is on. It's the key right next to the letter 'A'. And I don't think you know what you are talking about, and I am sure you have done no testing whatsoever to back up what you said.

what would i know i only have 13 years on body work 10 with my own shop ......you see i don't talk about engines or mech mods ..just because i don't know much about that ...just go to my space on msn and see how many dsms i have, over 20 at all times.... 3-5 new cars every month i have parted out 350 the past 5 years and sold over 60

I love it. I'm a big fan of targa tops. I wish they made 2gs targas!!! I've seen a couple around here and it's just pure sex!!!

93's had popups in Sweden? Wow thats cool what year did they stop?

http://mw.dsm.org/gallery.asp

A couple more pictures (The second one is pretty funny. Look out! They're going to take off!):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every since I fell in love with DSM's, I have always dreamed of having a custom t-top installed. My vision has always been to make it look alittle like a supra with t-tops. I think that it would look absolutly nasty and be really nice. I know that cutting the roof would make the body weaker, however couldn't you add a rollcage to help reinforce the body if this mod was to be done?

I havn't searched much, but with my 5 years of being into these cars, i havn't seen one yet. Does anyone have any pics of this done?? Any other oppinions of what would needed to be done to sucessfully do this?

i saw this on the cover of superstreet about 5 years ago.

it was a blue 420a eclipse. pretty heavily modded inside and out. guy had a custom targa top made.
it was also widebody and heavily built/boosted.
was a deep blue mettalic color. with black accents if i remember correctly.

think the guy lived in FL.

it looked hot though!:thumb:

this is one of those mods that woudl either ruin or make the car.... depending on the quality/precision with which it was done.

Have never seen T tops done but have seen a few targa tops. They also ran a cage for strength. Have no idea where I found the links now, but I think one may have actually been off this site.

WOW, snoopyslr's car is exactly what i was picturing in my head!! I mean targa top, sorry for saying t-top. I want to find more info out about this, like what top he used, who installed it, and how much it cost. i love my sunroof, however the targa top is pure sex, LOL!
I want one so bad no after seeing that pic, that is exactly how i had pictured it.

I too have wanted targa for a while now, ever since acquiring my 2g...i think targa would look badass, especially because of how smooth and round our cars are...it would definitely resemble a supra

I too am curious as to how much it would cost to have something like this done, not including the roll cage

I too have been wanting to know about it....Andres 99gsx would be the perfect model due to that fact that he had the "Million point roll cage"

Sructural integrity would be compromised by cutting the top off like that....
bt his structural integrity was probably as good if not better than stock....

If anyone knows more please chime in

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back