The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink t28 tune, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That’s an option. If you have the tools here are a few ideas that would add adjustability, but at the end of the day you will still have a ~11psi WGA spring.

Attachments

• Passat turbo wastegate actuator-1.jpg
    Passat turbo wastegate actuator-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 90
  • SubaruBoostSystem_9.jpg
    SubaruBoostSystem_9.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 68
ok every one i finally got some logs!
just want share some thoughts and thank you for all the replies!
anyway this is what i did since i can't afford for an external o2 housing for now or even for a holset wastegate to do the mod..
so i give a try to mod the t25 wastegate! and the result is 20/21 psi to red line no mbc, no more boost drop:hell yeah: heres some pictures

log showing no more boost drop.. :hellyeah:

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 74
  • log.2013.10.24-01.elg
    22.9 KB · Views: 47
Your car has officially been upgraded to my nemesis.:banghead: I’m trying to sort out why your car’s knocking and it’s not adding up.

First off your airflow. At idle in the first log your AirflowPerRev is showing .23gm/rev when the expected number should be closer to .27gm/rev. From my experience when running the stock MAF that usually points to a boost leak.

The second thing is the fact you’re logging leaner than your desired A/F ratio at WOT. At WOT a boost leak usually translates into a wideband reading that is richer than your AFRatioEst #’s. In your case your wideband is showing that you are running leaner at WOT than your AFRatioEst…as in the opposite direction of a normal “boost leak”

Your list of modifications says you are running a recirculated BOV and an injen intake. Is there any chance that you have a leak in your injen intake somewhere between your MAF and the inlet on your turbo? As in the BOV snorkel is loose as hell (or not attached) or the nipples on your intake aren’t being used and they aren’t capped off either? A scenario like what I just described might explain why your AirflowPerRev is low at idle and why the ECU isn’t providing a big enough fuel squirt at WOT.

Your car has officially been upgraded to my nemesis.:banghead: I'm trying to sort out why your car's knocking and it's not adding up.

I'd venture to say it's knocking because he's running lean on shitty pump gas. His fuel table looks ok so a mafcomp adjustment should help.

First off your airflow. At idle in the first log your AirflowPerRev is showing .23gm/rev when the expected number should be closer to .27gm/rev.

Again, a mafcomp adjustment will easily take care of this...

The second thing is the fact you're logging leaner than your desired A/F ratio at WOT.

Again a mafcomp adjustment will easily take care of this...not to mention the fuel sliders are taking some fuel out as well.

In summary, the airflow needs to be dialed in via the mafcomp sliders.

OP you should zero those fuel sliders and I just noticed that your tps offset is pretty jacked up...you should manually adjust your tps.

Last edited by a moderator:
C2ypt1c,

You’re right on point man. You can use the MAF Comp tab to dial all sorts of craziness out of a cars setup, but an OEM MAF shouldn’t need much tweaking unless it’s been hacked. Again you are spot on. You CAN make a car run silky smooth by making adjustments to the MAF Comp tab but there are times when doing that just masks the real problem.

MAF Comp adjustments will definitely make changes to the WOT parts of his log as well. I noticed the adjustments he’s made on his fuel sliders. Their impact can be seen when comparing his OpenLoopMaxOct table to his logged AFRatioEst.

Not trying to argue man but the point I was trying to get at is the #1 item listed on the “PLEASE READ - Before you ask for ECMlink/DSMlink log advice...” sticky.

“1). No boost, vac, or exhaust leaks.

It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that you have all boost and exhaust leaks fixed before doing anything with the ECU. Any leaks in the intake or exhaust (even small ones) will throw off the measured airflow and/or wideband, and will make the calibration and tuning process much more difficult.

This can't be stated enough. It is way too common to get involved with helping someone on a tuning issue, only to find out days later that they didn't "really" test for boost and exhaust leaks. "No boost or exhaust leaks" has to mean "Zero boost or exhaust leaks...nadda...zilch...none.".

One commonly over-looked vac leak is a VC breather vent that is not recirculated back to the turbo inlet after the MAF. This will not show up on a BLT if the PCV valve is doing it's job, but can cause problems when the engine is running in vacuum. If you have a breather hanging off the VC or it is running to a vented catch can, be sure to let us know this.
”

Once point # 1 has been addressed and ruled out MAF Comp adjustment is the only thing that will get things lined up like they need to be.

Not trying to argue man but the point I was trying to get at is the #1 item listed on the "PLEASE READ - Before you ask for ECMlink/DSMlink log advice..."

No I gotcha and I totally agree with Calan's article. I'm just saying that there's nothing in his log that looks out of the ordinary that would indicate a problem. The thing that concerns me is why that t28 is not pushing more than 27lb/min...But then again, his mafcomp is virtually zero'd out and therefore his airflow reading won't be accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
just wanna say thanks for all the help guys, im running stock westegate pressure with the modified wastegate, still spikes to 20 but i can hold 18 to redline no problem, ive notice my lb/m went to 30 and thats a good thing, i know still need more tuning but firts i need to fix exhaust ans boost leaks con continue tuning,
again thanks all of you, and heres my last log, also i install my 3bar GM sensor just for boost logging :thumb:

Attachments

• last t28 log.elg
    25.6 KB · Views: 66
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back