The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink need advice on my tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsawyer

Probationary Member
Dec 20, 2008
westport, Oregon
hi there so i just recently got my car back in the road and am in need of some tuning advice. so i attatch and idle log and a short cruse log i was wondering how they looked. i also had a question about the cruse log at 147 seconds it goes into open loop and i dont know why i was cruseing at that point i got a random missfire code and my wideband blanked out i had to cycle the key off then on to get it to run right again

Attachments

• log.2014.05.13-02.elg
    137.8 KB · Views: 64
  • log.2014.05.12-06.elg
    58.1 KB · Views: 68
don't really no what would cause it to go open loop like that..

It seems like my wideband just randomly stops cycling but it seems to work fine in any other situation it only does that after cursing for a few minutes.

So I tested my o2 sensor and its working fine can anybody help me figure out why my car goes into open loop car is undrivable at this point

new idle log please give me some feedback

Attachments

• log.2014.05.13-01.elg
    42 KB · Views: 58
I'm willing to bet it has something to do with your TPS. Look at your TPS scale...165% Not to mention it is shakey in the moments leading up to open loop.

Turns out it was because I had the misfire dtc on but thanks for the help

:hmm: Are you running a 1g cas?

EDIT: nevermind, i see you're 6bolt. That doesn't really explain why you would be kicked out of closed loop:

http://ecmlink.com/wiki/fueltrimupdatepoints said:
2G Open loop mode (any one true)

Throttle position too high (varies by RPM)
Airflow too low (units are tricky, but it's very low)
Coolant temp < 51F
Coolant temp > 228F
The O2 sensor did not switch around 0.5v for over 128 seconds while running in closed loop mode. In that case, the ECU locks itself in open loop mode.

I don't see how a false positive misfire would cause you to go open loop.

Also, why is your intake temp and baro being locked?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back