The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

SymTech Labs Complete 420A MS Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyboy81

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2010
sarasota, Florida
I'm confused and I've read as much as I can google. This is supposed to be a full kit for the 420A. I'm just confused because it looks nothing like your typical MS encloser and all that stuff. So it is EVERYTHING or what?

well.. a mega squirt encloser... the metal box!

This is megasquirt complete?.. its all that is required to run mega squirt?... thats all I want to know. Cos sometimes they say, "yeah this is all you need... ok now you need to get this and that"... yada yada...

Wel look at that and then go look at any other mega squirt build and you should tell. The DIY builds look like big 'ol boxes. I just wasn't sure if it's everything it says it is.

It looks the same to me... it's just the top view.

The ECU, harness, and voltage regulator are pretty much everything you need to get your car up and running.

I've also thought that when you buy the full megasquirt 420a kit that you will reciece everything you need to run your car on megasquirt. You need to call and talk to megasquirt before purchasing anything. I have no original wiring harness left and bought the symtech kit to run my car standalone on megasquirt. Im beginning tuning and am having myltiple problems. I found out i need to utilize the stock IAC stepper controller through megasquirt but my unit is not equipped to run the IAC. This is something you need to have installed from them. It probably doesnt have this (atleast mine didnt) because alot of people run the IAC with the stock ecu still. I am working on them with this now and will have to send it back. Just be careful and make sure that both of you are on the same page about what you need.

I've also thought that when you buy the full megasquirt 420a kit that you will reciece everything you need to run your car on megasquirt. You need to call and talk to megasquirt before purchasing anything. I have no original wiring harness left and bought the symtech kit to run my car standalone on megasquirt..

Most people that are installing MSnS have researched a lot and found what they need to run it. Only reason this is, is because of its very nature, its universal. There is no plug and play(not anymore I don't think, and I don't think there ever was a "functional" one.) The Symtech full kit does come with everything you need to get your car running on MSnS.

I found out i need to utilize the stock IAC stepper controller through megasquirt but my unit is not equipped to run the IAC. This is something you need to have installed from them.

You don't have to run the IAC, its nice but not mandatory, modernperformance sells a manual IAC that works well and bolts right in place of the stock IAC.

Just be careful and make sure that both of you are on the same page about what you need.

I'm sure if you call or email Symtech or whoever your ordering this from and talk with them about what you want to do and how you can do it you won't have issues about miscomunication or misunderstanding one another and get what you need the first time. :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back