The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

suspension upgrades (fwd)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MightyMouse5310

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2004
Baytown, Texas
I've spent the last couple of hours reading most of the suspension FAQs here and one thing that I noticed over and over again was that "the most prefered size of a tire is 245/40R 17 on 17x8 rims," that being said the biggest tire I can get for my rims is a 245/45R16 but will it fit on my 16x7 rims? Also in reading the piece on roll bars I was curious to ask that when I get a rear sway bar should I get a front one in such a way that the front is bigger than the rear to keep the weight distribution as close to stock as possible since the rear doesn't come stock with one. The only lowering I want to do is with an eibach prokit (a 1.2" drop all around) and I was curious as to if the stock shocks will still ride well. Thanks for thoughts or any points in the right direction.

when I do the knuckle graph using a base sumitomo htr+ 205/55r16 with tread width=7.2" radius=12.45" and a sumitomo htrz 245/45r16 with tread width=8.9" radius=12.3" I get a plot of (21.59,3.81) which is just to the right of the almost end of the curve. in my understanding it'll still work like a 245/40r17, just have a taller sidewall correct?

dont put 245s on a 7" rim the it will have masssive bulge. I have seen it on 7.5" rim it bulged but not too much. Adding a Rear Sway Bar (only) will take away more understeer and the more neutral when entering a turn. Your shocks are 10 years old its time to get new one, when i upgraded to Coilovers i found out 3 out of 4 were blown

Yeah what he said...I changed my full suspension out last month and all four of my shocks were blown.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back