The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Stutter Under No Boost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jott5555

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 10, 2003
salem, Oregon
ok heres the problem with my buddies 90 gst.. his oil was way low so i pulled the spark plug cover and found all the oil in the plug wells...

so after a valve cover gasket, new plugs and wires everything ran PERFECT..

so today were crusein and he boost up to 12lbs, after about 10 seconds the car stated studdering like shit again..i mean just like when the plugs were covered..

so my question is this, i dont think its a boost leak because it spudders like this at idle. and also studders while being driven.. both under boost and not...

ne help is appriciated

BTW car is a 90 gst, dejon intake, turbo smart mbc at 12lbs, boost guage.. accell 8mm plug wires and bpr7es's

I think it may be the MAF because mine did this also, and i did everything related to idle surge till i got tired and bought the MAF just for the hell of it. I installed it and boala..my car was fixed.

Well you have new wires and plugs and if no more oil filling the spark plug holes than other possible problems could be coil packs they go bad and aren't cheap to replace with new parts.

Also might want to change out fuel filter and clean injectors.

ya i check all thats stuff, i thought it was a fualty injector so i did a injector test but no luck

so we did a compression test

130 130 0 145

i beleive we have a problem here... i even did a wet test and got the same results.

so other than blown rings or some narly detination what would cause this.

oh also the oil looked like it was full of glitter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back