The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Stupid Cigarette Lighter!!! help :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2004
D/FW, Texas
So, I've finally tackled most of the major mechanical issues with my car (fingers crossed...watch, i've jinxed myself now, and the car won't start tomorrow :rolleyes: ), and am now working my way through all of the minor annoyances that have been bugging me.

My cigarette lighter has never worked, but I wasn't sure why until the other day when I removed the center console to adjust the shifter cables...The stupid thing is not plugged in.

The problem is that I can't for the life of me find where to plug it in. The radio is out of the car, which makes it easy to see the wiring back there, so I nosed around with a flashlight but couldn't find any empty places that fit the cig lighter plug. I checked the FSM but it wasn't even mentioned.... :(

Can someone do me a favor and run out and take a look at where their cig lighter plugs in and describe its location, or maybe take a pic...? It would be much appreciated :) I just want to charge my cell phone, for god's sake.....LOL

I'm too tired to run out and take a look at my car, but IIRC, there are 3 wires, one for the light, one for the actual lighter, and a ground that run on the drivers side of the center console. You will see some clips if you pull the consol up where the wires are supposed to hook into. It runs forward towards the radio.

jepherz said:
I'm too tired to run out and take a look at my car, but IIRC, there are 3 wires, one for the light, one for the actual lighter, and a ground that run on the drivers side of the center console. You will see some clips if you pull the consol up where the wires are supposed to hook into. It runs forward towards the radio.

Thanks ;) That much I have figured out, though...I was wanting to know where the three wires actually plug in back by the radio. They are plugged in correctly at the actual unit....Just go nowhere from there. :thumb:

Yup here goes!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That goes to the cig lighter.

Which leads to this:

And then to this:

You can see my index finer on the wire after the clip. That wire goes back to where the Radio wires connect to the main harness. I tried to take a pic of that last bit, but my camera ran out of batteries.

Hope this helps and Thanks for the help in my thread!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back