1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Stupid Cigarette Lighter!!! help :(

Posted by femmeDSM, Feb 4, 2006

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    So, I've finally tackled most of the major mechanical issues with my car (fingers crossed...watch, i've jinxed myself now, and the car won't start tomorrow :rolleyes: ), and am now working my way through all of the minor annoyances that have been bugging me.

My cigarette lighter has never worked, but I wasn't sure why until the other day when I removed the center console to adjust the shifter cables...The stupid thing is not plugged in.

The problem is that I can't for the life of me find where to plug it in. The radio is out of the car, which makes it easy to see the wiring back there, so I nosed around with a flashlight but couldn't find any empty places that fit the cig lighter plug. I checked the FSM but it wasn't even mentioned.... :(

Can someone do me a favor and run out and take a look at where their cig lighter plugs in and describe its location, or maybe take a pic...? It would be much appreciated :) I just want to charge my cell phone, for god's sake.....LOL

2. jepherz

jepherz Proven Member

Joined Feb 24, 2004
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm too tired to run out and take a look at my car, but IIRC, there are 3 wires, one for the light, one for the actual lighter, and a ground that run on the drivers side of the center console. You will see some clips if you pull the consol up where the wires are supposed to hook into. It runs forward towards the radio.

3. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    Thanks ;) That much I have figured out, though...I was wanting to know where the three wires actually plug in back by the radio. They are plugged in correctly at the actual unit....Just go nowhere from there. :thumb:

4. kidwiththelaser

kidwiththelaser Proven Member

Joined Jun 6, 2005
    minneapolis, Minnesota
    Yup here goes!

1.gif

That goes to the cig lighter.

Which leads to this:

2.gif

And then to this:

3.gif

You can see my index finer on the wire after the clip. That wire goes back to where the Radio wires connect to the main harness. I tried to take a pic of that last bit, but my camera ran out of batteries.

Hope this helps and Thanks for the help in my thread!

femmeDSM likes this.
  5. femmeDSM

femmeDSM Proven Member

Joined Oct 31, 2004
    D/FW, Texas
    AWESOME!!! You rock, thanks so much :D Rep points for you :)

6. kidwiththelaser

kidwiththelaser Proven Member

Joined Jun 6, 2005
    minneapolis, Minnesota
    YAY!

I need some more of those!:thumb: