The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock or aftermarket front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95blackGsTurbo

DSM Wiseman
Aug 10, 2003
Algona, Iowa
Here is a pic of the car I'm going to buy. I am gonna get black projector headlights for it and I was thinking but I know what you guys are gonna tell me, should I go with a aftermarket front bumper, Bomex or something like that. Or should I just get the stock one and put a RSDSM CF lip on it. Input please and maybe pics of 2gb's with just front bumpers, I don't want one thats gonna hang 2 inches lower than the rest of the factory ground fx just something different.

Attachments

• Eclipse Front.jpg
    Eclipse Front.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 402
This board is going to say stock over and over again. I recommend getting what YOU want..if you want to be different from the crowd get a aftermarket kit for it. If it was ME, I'd get something other than stock just to stand out a bit. But please do NOT get the street fighter/blitz kit..it is WAY overdone.

I say get the Stillen front. It's the closest bumper to stock but is more visually appealing IMO and it lines up with the stock side skirts. Also it's polyurethane. Only get a lip if you're going to paint your car black. Otherwise you'll get that ugly lip gap, which shows up on lighter cars.

paranoidTSi said:
I recommend getting what YOU want.....please do NOT get the street fighter/blitz kit..it is WAY overdone.

Are you having an identity crisis? :D

I like the idea of stock with a CF lip or any aftermarket front bumper. all look good just make sure you make it fast!

unless you're going to do the rest of the car with sides and a rear end, you might as well go stock. Nothing's more ghetto than a car with an aftermarket front that hangs down two inches and 4x4 side skirts.

cait sith said:
unless you're going to do the rest of the car with sides and a rear end, you might as well go stock. Nothing's more ghetto than a car with an aftermarket front that hangs down two inches and 4x4 side skirts.

Read the post Im trying to get idea's on one's that won't hang below the side skirts. I don't know much about exterior so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of any good front bumpers that were basically stock. Thanks for the help though. :thumbdown

the stock front with a lip is actually lower than alot of bodykit fronts out there... and i really don't think it matches up well, having a lip that hangs 2" lower than the factory sides...
your car, your choice. if youre going the factory 2GB look, then get the factory front, foglights, black housing headlights, spend the rest on lowering and maybe GSX wheels or something nice like that.
Stillen front is a great choice... i wanted that one sooo bad... i might not even mount my SF1 and just get a stillen before next spring... :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back