The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

aftermarket front bumper with stock rear/side

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crawl

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2005
portland, Maine
Looking for an aggressive front bumper that will match or at least look good with the stock side/rear of a 95 GSX. I cant find any pictures of eclipses with JUST front bumpers, they all have full bodykits, which i do not want.

thanks all

LOL well thx guys, unfortunately im not a fan of the 2gb bumper, I actually like the 2ga bumper better, but If im going to upgrade it will be to a more aggersive better looking bumper :p

if you are looking for an aftermarket front end i thing the shogun or the buddy club two always looks nice. imo i would check out the buddy club 2. looks the best of all body kits minus stock 2gb kit.

how will it look with JUST the front end though, thats my biggest problem is finding an aggressive aftermarket bumper that matches the car as is

either get the lip for the 95-96 or get the 2gb bumper and get the lip made for that. having just a front bumper on your car will make it look front heavy. aftermarket bumpers hang down lower than stock, so your front will be alot closer to the ground than the sides or rear. that and the fact that the lines of the car will no longer flow correctly. IMO get a whole kit, or just get a lip for the stock bumper.

do they even make a lip for the 95, i cant find one.

hmm that is a good possibility, i think i would need the lights but thats really not a big deal, thanks for posting i checked out the pics in your profile looks good

zachakagoat said:
Nobody mentions the streetfigter or combat front bumpers? :thumb:

Because they're ugly. :p

If you want to stick with the 2GA front, and still have an agrressive stance you might want to check out the very expensive Tsunami lip.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Or, if you want to replace the bumper entirely, I suggest the Stillen front since it's one of the few that flows well with the stock body.

that lip is probably exactly perfect for my needs/wants, thanks bro. Now i just gotta try to find some shots of it that are a little better, also want to see if it extends under the car a little or if its just a front bumper lip or ..

I don't think the combat kit is too bad I mean magnus motorsports uses it on their drag car and that is damn sexi :p . Anywayz I LOVE the tsunami lip, if I would have kept my 96 I would have definatelly put up the money for it.

does anyone have a pictre of a car with it on it other than the one on tsunami's website, that one is too far away and cant see details, ive only seen 1 person so far that had it and they complained that it wouldnt stay flush against there bumper, but Im sure he probably just needed to put more effort into his work, I just wanted to see some pictures of it. Ill continue looking but if anyone knows or has a picture please share :)

thanks

Crawl said:
does anyone have a pictre of a car with it on it other than the one on tsunami's website, that one is too far away and cant see details, ive only seen 1 person so far that had it and they complained that it wouldnt stay flush against there bumper, but Im sure he probably just needed to put more effort into his work, I just wanted to see some pictures of it. Ill continue looking but if anyone knows or has a picture please share :)

thanks

thanks, at least thats 1 more pic, not sure whats up with that 3rd one :p

yea, the tsunami is the front lip i was talking about, that makes the 2ga bumper look 100000000x better. i hate the 2ga bumper, but with that lip it actually looks good. IMO, the stillen bumper doe snot look right on 2gs.... maybe its just me, but that thing is ugly. the few good afterbumper front bumpers out there are the drift (i have it and love it - other than the fact it sticks out kinda far and i scrap on everything :cry: - i would not slam your car like i did ), also the street fighter and evo bumpers arent that bad either. the r34 bumper alos isnt that bad. there really arent that many good bumpers out there, and about zero of tthem flow with the stock body, but if all you want is a front, than go for it.

Think im going to stick with just the 2ga bumper, going to make my own air dam and thats about it. Might do the lip someday

tunerkid said:
yea, the tsunami is the front lip i was talking about, that makes the 2ga bumper look 100000000x better. i hate the 2ga bumper, but with that lip it actually looks good. IMO, the stillen bumper doe snot look right on 2gs.... maybe its just me, but that thing is ugly. the few good afterbumper front bumpers out there are the drift (i have it and love it - other than the fact it sticks out kinda far and i scrap on everything :cry: - i would not slam your car like i did ), also the street fighter and evo bumpers arent that bad either. the r34 bumper alos isnt that bad. there really arent that many good bumpers out there, and about zero of tthem flow with the stock body, but if all you want is a front, than go for it.

If I got any body kit, it'd be the Buddy Club 2 kit. So damn nice.

ah yea, the buddt club, forgot about that, however i used to like the front more, but now that i see the kit a little more, i think with a few small changes it could look a lot better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back