The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipseturbo4

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hey I was wanting to know what our cars idle at when there up to temp?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Every car is different mines idles around 900 rps once its warmed up. Is there a problem with your idle?

Mines set with link at around 850 to 900 or it was before the rebuild, my upgraded cams are going to change that.

No there's nothen wrong I know my tachs off cause I was an idiot and pulled the needle off without marking where the calibration point is and I just wanted to try to get it closer to where its suppose to be is all

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

I would say mine idles around 800 once completely warmed up. Sucks you pulled your needle off. When you removed the Rachel needle the actual instrument rotated past the stop needle. What you need is to find a picture where some one lifted the measurement needle over the stop needle and see where it stops. Take your needle back off and pop it back on as close to where the sample picture shows its actual stopping point. Try searching for a write up on someone worker in their cluster and see if you can find a photo or reference to where to align the needle. Its happened and you probably wont get it exact now but hopefully get it within a few hundred rpms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back