The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Stock ECU installation for stock GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junzu

Proven Member
Aug 21, 2021
California
Picked up a 97 GST stock ECU, I have stock 97 GST. I have never done work with ECUs before, I was told I could just take old one out, plug new one in, and ready to go, with no tuning required!

Just wanted to make sure, if there's anything else I would need to do plz let me know, as I've said before never interacted with ECU. Here is photo of ECU. Also didn't find thread on direct installation for 97.....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just plug it in and your good

Dumb question but do I need to let it run for a little while or anything? I really don't know much about the ECU
Just get in and drive. If anything runs different it may just be minor fuel trim adjustments that will happen during the first drive. No different than had you installed a new battery in the car.

Is this normal? Stock 97 GST ECU, stock 97 GST. When stopped in neutral idle is normal but slightly below standard 750 at around 500- car almost wants to die when in neutral while moving. All other gears normal

Here is pic of new ECU before I put it in

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back