The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Stock 6 bolt flywheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stock i dont think so like our cars dont have parts anymore oem or close to it.
Marty found one on performance partout so I just ordered it. Knew it was long shot but figured I’d look around before the trans goes back on.

Yes, I found one for my trans-swap. 6-bolt Turbo AWD, I believe. Purchased from another DSMT member, then cleaned & resurfaced. It's about 18lbs from my bathroom scale, so +/- a pound or so. Paid around 145 w/ shipping for part, and $75 for the machine work. That's still cheaper than a new lightweight model

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes, I found one for my trans-swap. 6-bolt Turbo AWD, I believe. Purchased from another DSMT member, then cleaned & resurfaced. It's about 18lbs from my bathroom scale, so +/- a pound or so. Paid around 145 w/ shipping for part, and $75 for the machine work. That's still cheaper than a new lightweight model

Was it that clean when you got it or did machine shop clean it?

The shop did, I think, but I never saw it when I purchased it (from JersyGSX). It actually shipped to TRE with some other drivetrain items that needed rebuilt for my car, and Jon Ripple took it to a local machine shop for the work. I'm not really sure who ended up cleaning it so well. I think it even got magnafluxed for cracks. You can see there is some wear on the ring gear, but if you were to see it for real, someone appears to have detailed/ deburred the leading edge of those teeth. I think that was either TRE or their local machinist. There is a bit of sheen difference for a few regions of the friction face, so hopefully those don't indicate anything of concern. I trust Jon's work, and assume he would have said something if it was a problem. Anyway, I don't imagine the old one in my car will look so good when I remove it. Hopefully this is the right part when I go to replace it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back