The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

still running rich after AFPR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
I just installed the Aeromotive A-1000 AFPR on my car with install kit. I set the base pressure to 43psi without the vac line on like I have read on here. I went to take a drive after I put the vac line back on and it felt like I had a really bad misfire. I replaced the spark plugs and still the same thing. Did a boost leak test and found My biss was leaking so I fixed that. Went to take a drive again, and the same thing. I do see black smoke and I do not have a wideband but its on My list. My fuel injectors are stock 450s, I have a 255, and a Big 16g. I even put the base pressure down to about 25psi, and its still running rich. Also If it helps My car seems to run like it has a set of big cams in it and has low vac. I checked the timing 5 times everything is dead on.

Honestly I would get the wideband asap since it's a VERY helpful tool to figure out if you are indeed running rich/lean.

As far as I know it is. I do not have a CEL, but I did not test it with the multimeter yet. If its bad I'm just gonna wait to replace it till I get the wideband. I dont DD the car right now.

Based on your gallery photo, it appears you are venting your BOV. Recirculate that and it will probably help, venting tends to make you run rich and possibly stall between shifts and when you let off the throttle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back