1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

still running rich after AFPR

Posted by 95'RS-T, Mar 14, 2010

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Germansville, Pennsylvania
    I just installed the Aeromotive A-1000 AFPR on my car with install kit. I set the base pressure to 43psi without the vac line on like I have read on here. I went to take a drive after I put the vac line back on and it felt like I had a really bad misfire. I replaced the spark plugs and still the same thing. Did a boost leak test and found My biss was leaking so I fixed that. Went to take a drive again, and the same thing. I do see black smoke and I do not have a wideband but its on My list. My fuel injectors are stock 450s, I have a 255, and a Big 16g. I even put the base pressure down to about 25psi, and its still running rich. Also If it helps My car seems to run like it has a set of big cams in it and has low vac. I checked the timing 5 times everything is dead on.

376  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  2. EvoRage

EvoRage Proven Member

Joined Sep 19, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Honestly I would get the wideband asap since it's a VERY helpful tool to figure out if you are indeed running rich/lean.

3. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Yes I know I just got back to work and, I had some bills to catch up on, but as soon as I can I will get one. I know its running rich I see the black smoke.

376  0

· 2G DSM
  4. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 19, 2008
    Anywhere, Pennsylvania
    Is your front o2 sensor still in working condition?

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    As far as I know it is. I do not have a CEL, but I did not test it with the multimeter yet. If its bad I'm just gonna wait to replace it till I get the wideband. I dont DD the car right now.

376  0

· 2G DSM
  6. stefanOst

stefanOst Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2006
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Based on your gallery photo, it appears you are venting your BOV. Recirculate that and it will probably help, venting tends to make you run rich and possibly stall between shifts and when you let off the throttle.

7. 95'RS-T

95'RS-T Proven Member

Joined Mar 10, 2009
    Sorry I forgot, that pic is old I recirculated it like 2 months ago.

376  0

· 2G DSM