The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Steering noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric97spyder

Probationary Member
Aug 14, 2005
Attleboro, Massachusetts
I was driving my Spyder home Friday night when I noticed a grinding noise coming from my car when I was turning. The car makes the same noise even if it is not moving, just moving the steering wheel. I know that I'm in need of upper and lower ball joints but I don't think that they cause this type of noise.

When I got home I checked the power steering reservoir and it was low, so I filled it back up. The noise hasn't gone away.

I'm wondering now if it is the Power Steering Pump? Is there any way to tell if this is my problem?

I just checked it with engine off and it still makes the same noise. The noise is coming from the passenger side. It makes sense that it is not the PS pump.

I'm going to pull the wheel off and check it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back