The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Starter? no crank just fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teemcgee

Probationary Member
Mar 20, 2008
Florissant, Missouri
97 Talon Tsi
So finally I get my car running fine, and for some reason I was stupid enough to let my friend drive. Either way, he killed it and I think he might of shorted the starter out if that is possible.

Now the problem is that once I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump and all my lights and accessories work. I can pop start the car which I know is bad but its cheaper than a tow. Either way, its not the spark plugs because they are fresh.

The reason I think its the starter because it is a cheap o duralast but any other input would be gladly looked upon.

Some things I did check,

The search forum first so dont get on me,
The starter relay is fine,
the clutch safety switch is fine also, I unplugged it and tried starting it and got the same response,
I also disconnected and reconnected the battery.

Again any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I do not hear any starter click or anything, the only thing I hear is the fuel pump when I turn the key

Definetly going to be the starter if it wont even make a noise... plus you checked the relay so there's not much else its going to be..

Before buying it however, get it tested at autozone 1st... plus if you have a duralast, most likely its still got a warranty on it ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back