The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Start-up issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z3r0to1

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 21, 2018
Markle, Indiana
Hello to all, let me tell you my story of woe. Pretty much have been driving around a 95 GSX for a bit now, and it's always had this issue of the viper security system interfering with the ignition switch. Finally got around to looking at it and the PO wired it directly into the ignition switch for its power. Seems a little off to me, but since I don't have the original installation documentation, and any thread I could find just said to follow those instructions, I was wondering if this was the correct location to pull power from. Furthermore, if it's not, where is the correct location?

Does the system have command start? Usually you need to use the accessory 1,2 wires from the ignition its actually perfectly fine. (Wired my command start from the ignition)
If it does have command start you might have an issue with the anti grind relay ,
Also if it's just a security system usually they have a starter kill relay that activates when the alarms on.
Good think to check is the hood pin switch

How was it installed ? Did they use those dumb crimp connectors?

If it's wired to the 12v feed for the ign switch, that is normal for most aftermarket installs.

What is the model of the brain and what issues are you having with the system?

I have absolutely no idea, due to the handbook and other goodies that I assume come with it not being passed off to me. I did however, fix the issue. But thank you for the intended assistance!

Does the system have command start? Usually you need to use the accessory 1,2 wires from the ignition its actually perfectly fine. (Wired my command start from the ignition)
If it does have command start you might have an issue with the anti grind relay ,
Also if it's just a security system usually they have a starter kill relay that activates when the alarms on.
Good think to check is the hood pin switch

How was it installed ? Did they use those dumb crimp connectors?

So from what I could find all of the connections were good except for one on the main power itself, and after fixing that it seemed to have no issue. Not exactly sure how that would interfere as it did because it always seemed like the battery was overloaded somehow, but hey, I'm not gonna complain. Thanks for the help though!

I have absolutely no idea, due to the handbook and other goodies that I assume come with it not being passed off to me. I did however, fix the issue. But thank you for the intended assistance!

So from what I could find all of the connections were good except for one on the main power itself, and after fixing that it seemed to have no issue. Not exactly sure how that would interfere as it did because it always seemed like the battery was overloaded somehow, but hey, I'm not gonna complain. Thanks for the help though!

With an intermittent main power connection, it may have been pulling power from the parking light or ignition circuit when active, then trying to activate the alarm.
Glad you found the issue tho!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back