The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Squeaking sound?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gswOwner

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2009
Trea, Indiana
Ok so when I push the gas at low rpms it's very quiet but a squeak/squeal noise comes. Not sure if it's under the hood or from the driver tire/suspension-

Besides going to a shop is there something to look for, the belts are fairly new done at a shop.

Thanks

Tighten the belts. I've gone through a few sets already and shortly after I put each set on I had to retighten them because they had stretched a small amount but enough to make them squeal. Its pretty easy to do so just try that and let us know.

JD

Jump on the front and rear end several times to see if it makes the noise. If it does, it's most likely your bushings in the suspension.

tighten or replace the belts. i had the same problem, and i tightened up the belt and it was gone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back