The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A Spelab headers exhaust bung?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallyTheTalon

Probationary Member
Feb 27, 2023
Lakeville, Minnesota
I recently bought Spelab headers straight from Spelab, they were in my price range and I’m very disappointed. Not only did my downpipe not fit because of the welds being totally off, it didn’t come with the cap if that’s what you could call it for the headers..

It’s not the O2 sensor bung, there’s a different bung with the threads on the outside of the bung rather than the inside.

My question is where can I find a replacement for that cap? I’ve searched and searched and wasn’t able to find anything, the threads are a lot larger than the O2 sensor threads. I wasn’t able to find anything about this odd bung on their website and haven’t seen a thread about it.

Any help would be great. Maybe there is a different name for what i’m searching for but i just can’t seem to find it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seems like that's the port for the secondary air injection system found in early '95 models, but it got recalled eventually. Not sure about the thread size, but I'd say just throw a cap on it and call it a day.
thanks i didn’t know the ‘95 had those, any idea where i could buy a cap?

Any hardware store. It would be a "pipe cap". Ace Hardware, a lumber yard that has plumbing supplies, etc.

I'm not entirely sure, but have you tried checking Fastenall? It's possible they might have what you're looking for. Also, I stumbled upon a similar header on Alibaba (check the link below), and it actually comes with the plug. It might be worth reaching out to the vendor you bought the header from and bringing this to their attention. They could contact the manufacturer and arrange to have some plugs sent over, especially if their current stock is less the cap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back