1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Speed density connections

Posted by Simonsaysr1, Jun 27, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Simonsaysr1

Simonsaysr1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 30, 2016
    Rocky mount, North Carolina
    So I purchased the speed density bundle from ecmlink and I have the onmi4bar sensor that bolts on to the intake manifold. The prefabbed wiring harness has an orange plug is made for the isolated map sensor with 3prongs . should I plug the factory wiring harness on the onmi4bar and just use the iat connector off the maff plug and leave the orange connector off? How would one set this up in ecmlink.

Street Build 221  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Lucky13

Lucky13 Supporting Member

Joined Nov 20, 2002
    Palm Beach Gard, Florida
    Simonsaysr1 likes this.
  3. Simonsaysr1

Joined Jan 30, 2016
    thanks, thats the link I needed!

Street Build 221  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    If you are using an MDP style map, (bolted to Intake manifold like stock) you will use the stock harness for thr map sensor and only use the SD harness for your IAT, from the MAF plug. The plug on the harness is for a GM style map. If you are using a mitsubishi style, it uses oem harness and dont use the map plug on the SD harness

386  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
    Simonsaysr1 likes this.
  5. Simonsaysr1

Joined Jan 30, 2016
    thanks, I had wondered if you just leave the other connector and just tape it up for when I switch manifolds down the road. didnt want moisture getting into it and getting water grounds.

Street Build 221  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Archer Fabrications likes this.