The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Shortening MAF connector for Speed Density

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK9er

Proven Member
Jun 1, 2014
lincoln, Nebraska
First of all, I want to give a HUGE shout out to 19Eclipse90!!! holy cow, did that guy do a good job of making a tech article for a 1990 wiring harness! Thanks to him I have everything labeled up and looking good.

Ok, on to my question, I have my harness out of the vehicle so i can paint the engine bay, so I thought I'd take the time to go through it and fix any issues. I'm glad I did. I'll include some of what I found!! So, I am going to be switching to speed density, and i was wondering if I can shorten up the MAF cable? I know that the SD is basically on the fire wall, so I wanted to pull back the connector right the the firewall grommet and leave maybe a foot to connect the plug and play harness to. What are your thoughts? Also, the harness I have has been upgraded with a 2g MAF. When I order the cable, is there anything special I need to request? Or just get a 2g to SD cable?

Thanks!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

First off, I love your helper....and yeh @19Eclipse90 has good stuff for us 90s guys.
Those fuel injector wires always get brittle. Replece them with the "squeeze" type connectors so its not a PITA to change injectors or seals etc. I run PNP on my 90 because I don't like hacking but you should be able to shorten up that part and its up to you if you want to hard wire it or put the plug on it and go pnp. I applaud you for cleaning up as much as you can while you can get to it! :thumb:

First off, I love your helper....and yeh @19Eclipse90 has good stuff for us 90s guys.
Those fuel injector wires always get brittle. Replece them with the "squeeze" type connectors so its not a PITA to change injectors or seals etc. I run PNP on my 90 because I don't like hacking but you should be able to shorten up that part and its up to you if you want to hard wire it or put the plug on it and go pnp. I applaud you for cleaning up as much as you can while you can get to it! :thumb:

Thanks, he's always up to help! I'm going to to the plug and play as well. I already bought the stupid wire locking ones ... I looked and couldn't find the squeeze type... must not of looked too hard though. This project has been a love hate relationship :) but over all, I have been having a great time and learning a lot! I'm very thankful for people who have been around the block a few times! Makes my life so much easier!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back