The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Speed density (wire tuck)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didn't know if you had received or how much farther you've gotten on your harness 303_2G. You can ditch the noise thing attached to your stock IM as you don't really need it. I believe it was to help cancel engine noise being heard in the radio but I've never heard anything come out of mine since it was removed. The black thin boxes are also just a multiple ground point. Xiteam was right about ditching the fuel solenoid, you don't need that either. The cold idle is fixed by the IAC valve and is usually caused by larger throttle bodies that delete this. If you want to keep it a good idle with a large TB, there is a thread on here somewhere to convert to 2g one and use a Nissan valve body. Personally I went with the Haltech universal IAC.

List of things I deleted (from memory):
Im running a 6 bolt block with E-85 and Haltech ECU...
-ALL EMISSION CRAP
-Knock Sensor
-Crank Sensor
-Noise Canceler
-Low Impedance Fuel Inj Block
-O2 Sensors
-Brake Res
-All Air Bag Wiring (Yellow and Red Plugs)
-PS Pressure Wire
-Oil Pressure Wire and Idiot Light
-MAF
-MDP
-Stock Fan Wiring
-Hood Switch/Alarm
-Alt Relay
-Starter Relay

There might be a few I'm missing but thats the jist of it. I did not list A/C and cruise control as I have incorporated these into my build (ya ya, I know :) ). Im still in the process of updating my build thread but your more than welcome to check it out and Ill hopefully have the wire harness build on there soon. Hope some of this has helped you guys.
--Nic

^^Thanks for the response^^ I am also running the 6-bolt + E85. Didn't think I'd ever get a real answer on those issues. So did you keep the grounding boxes? I actually just finished my harness a couple weeks ago but have yet to install, I said f*** it and pulled the noise condenser a while ago LOL I see you pulled the Knock, o2's and oil sensors, are you running those stand alone now or did you straight wire them to the ECU?
Here's my harness now
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
No I ditched the boxes and made my own grounds. I actually made a total of 3 harnesses in the front. I made an engine harness and right/left fender harnesses. Knock sensor you don't need using E85 and I don't really plan on running regular fuel. O2 sensors are gone since I'm using an AEM WB. The oil idiot light was pointless since your engine is gone already if that comes on. Also running the D-Link gauges for boost/fuel/oil pressure as well as an oil pressure kill switch.

Your harness looks good!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back