The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spec III Clutch rusted, will it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex99gst

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Nashville, Tennessee
I got this pressure plate, 6 puck disc and flywheel from the previous owner when I purchased the car. The owner had let water get all over everything in the trunk :mad: I tried to clean up the rust as much as possible with brake parts cleaner and steel wool, but my question is, is this ok to have some rust on the clutch?(I know nothing about drivetrain yet) Also, if I was going to have a shop install this clutch for me I know I would need new flywheel/resurfaced flywheel and a new throw out bearing. Is there anything else I would need maintenance wise? Is there anything you guys would recommend if I was to have the clutch installed? Thanks

PICS:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's fine with surface rust.

Ever notice that after a rain your brake rotors will have surface rust? Think of your clutch disk/pressure plate a large brake pad/rotor. After the first engagement, there will be no more rust :dsm:

That looks too bad to put in your car! send it to me :D

that thing looks as good as the one thats sitting in my room right now unopened. you should get a new clutch fork also and you might want to try shimming the piviot ball for better a higher enguagment. it would suck to have a clutch fork go out on you after you put the clutch in

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back