The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Sound System Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimerPLus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2011
Tokyo, Asia
Hey all, I am in desperate need of a good sound system install. If you read my other post you know that it's not the best. I have good stuff it's just not wired correctly and what not. I got live factory wires from the amp just taped off its bad.
So, I am looking for a reference of a good reputable shop or place that can make my car sound good. If you yourself is good at it and would like to make some cash and hangout and what not let me know. I am pretty handy with tools I just am not very well experienced with car audio. But I do like to learn and can be helpful. My car just sounds bad and after taking it to image audio 2 times because they messed up, I do not want to take it back to them.

Anyways thanks all, let me know.

Take it to Safe and Sound out there in valley or store here in town. Had them do stereo work on my 3000GT and auto start stuff on various vehicles. Work always came out great.

a little bit of patience and you can have your system sounding great... audio is easy... just make sure you get your polarity right on the speakers, they'll last longer and sound better

Ok in the next couple of days I will be going at the wiring. But I need an amp, 2 subs, I think 12's maybe 10's and also front dash speakers tweaters.
Any suggetsions on what to get, not too expensive, something that will sound good together.
What I currently have : Deck: Pioneer DEH-6300UB
Rear Speakers: Rockford Prime 6x9 4ohm 3-way R1693
Front Door panels Rockford Prime 6.5" 4ohm 3-way R1653

This is what I did for my dash tweeters.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-exterior-interior/213063-how-install-aftermarket-tweeters-2g-factory-dash-speakers.html
Here is an idea of all the types of tweeters you can get.
neo tweters - Google Search
Pioneer makes good decks, but I would stay away from Rockford Fosgate.
They make decent mids, I guess but I would never use any of their subs.
Fosgate does make good amps, I just think all the subs sound terrible.
As far as subs go you should look at JL Audio,Eclipse,RE Audio, Memphis.

Yea I'm just trying to help.
I really like the RE audio stuff the best, but it is pretty pricy and no one sells it in Alaska.(That I know of)
I have a RE MX 15, in my 2g that I really love.
I used to have 2 15 JL Audio W3's before that, but the RE sounds way better.

Jl is my favorite by far. I've done allot of work in my last two cars audio wise and jl audio has been the most reliable stuff I've used and the sound quality out of a 200 dollar jl audio sub is just as good as allot of the much higher dollar subs out there. And for these cars, lets face they are tiny inside so two tens will be more then enough to make your rear view mirror vibrate and license plate rattle. Two tens are allot more accurate sound wise meaning that your sound will be produced exactly when it is supposed because there is less surface area to move then a 12 or 15. May sound hokey but that is why I'm running two tens instead of a single fifteen. As for head units I go between pioneer and alpine. Alpine is allot more user friendly but pioneer lets you manage your sound tons better then anything else I've used you just have to get to know your unit. And as for mids and highs I swear by jl audio c3's they are the only speaker I'll ever by for what it's worth! Anyways there's my two cents oh and safe and sound is a jl audio dealer and are probably the best installers in town.

I am going to go ahead and disagree about safe and sound.
I wouldn't take a go cart to safe and sound.
The only time I ever dealt with them my self, they sold me the wrong size box.
Guaranteed me it was the right cubic feet.
My sub blew, after I did some research (which I should have done in the first place) found out it was about 1.3 cubic feet too big.
A friend of my mine had them hook up two W7 10's, and the radio cuts out at about 75% volume.
If they had any idea what they were doing it wouldn't cut out at all.
Bedsides all that they are jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you had bad luck there but I know many more had good then bad stories to tell about there experiences there. I've had work done there a few times in last 10 or so years, and never a problem. If you or friend had problem why not go back and give them chance to correct it. Everyone makes mistakes. If didn't, to me not a fair assessment to tell everyone there not good. In my opinion any way.

Wow man that really sucks I've had them do some work in our yukon and its been amazing so far and that was two years ago but I guess everyone has different experiences sometimes!

"safe and sound are probably the best installers in town."
No I'm going to disagree with you on that too they're very ignorant there
and just want to sell you their most expensive product they got, just like image audio
I've went there and asked about rms on a sub and they tell me the peak output even
at perfectionist they're idiots maybe I just had a bad experience but
honestly you mine as well go to best buy and have them do it.

well and here's my .02 worth, if you're planning on pulling up the paneling\trim to tuck the wires in and make it look nice, make sure its a nice day, plenty of light, and take your time. last thing you want to do is start pulling up on something and snap the trim in half because of a hidden screw(speaking from experience here LOL)

Have you tried Distinctive Ride in wasilla? Best tinting, audio and security and more in the valley. Awesome work and good prices.

Defiantly check them out. They do everything for customizing vehicles and the best part is there not ass holes or idiots like the other 2 shops in the valley

ok bro i think rockford fosgate is by far the best for the money i was in the audio scene for a long time and the top 4 for subs and amps are rockford fosgate,kicker,mtx and memphis it was just a question of who had more money those are the best hands down and as far as amps go look for rms....rms is half of the peak wattage and its continuos power for an amp that actually puts out what it says your gonna pay a dollar a watt $$$$$$ look at the mono channeled 1000 watt amps from the brands i mentioned....perfect example ok me and a buddy bet on who could make the loudest system so i agreed we had 3 weeks i already had all mine in my car except i wanted a better more efficient box made for 2 12's "rockford fosgate by the way" and a capacitor 2 360.2 rockford amps both bridged "one per sub" and a new twin L-port box sized just for my specifications so i had 720 watts of total power and subs that could handle 1200 watts peak each ...oh and i had a 4 door car with a trunk vs his 2 door with a hatch "srt-4 vs 300zx" ok fwwuu this is alot of typing LOL.. mini break:hellyeah: ok so his setup was 2 audiobahn flame q 12's that could handle 2000 watts peak each a 2400 watt audiobahn 2 channeled and another AB 800 watt 2 channeled so he had 3200 watts!!!!! shyeah i aint lying...and he had his box specially made for his car so we roll up to this competition and i killed him by 7 decibels with less than a quarter of the power!!!!!

sooooooo moral of the story is you can go buy a 2000 watt sony explode amp for $180 but you will be lucky to even make the sub push any air...seriously idk how companies get away with it its false advertisement and your amp is really the most important part you can skimp on subs but i wouldnt on an amp.... i hope i was some help to you sorry for goin all crazy with the story LOL but hey i seen somone givin rockford a bad rep and had to step in ROCKFORD FOSGATE:rocks::hellyeah::D

Like revelation said Rockford is the way to go. I've had three different rockford systems from Image audio and they all bump like a mother ####er. Just one 12" P3 sub with the proper amp will hit hard enough to rattle everything in a DSM.

im in palmer and did all my system work, if ya need a hand with anything pm me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back