The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Sound System Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow thanks for all the support guys.
My car is going to going under the knife..hopefully for the last time so it will be a while before I get to the audio stuff again.

Ill be sure to let ya know if I need some help!

yeah rockfor is garbage....LOL..ROFL i was just tellin my story but i guess all shops and brands are garbage if you dont use them nemesis...i think you have been watchin to much of unique whips with that JL audio crap:tease: dude go with what you want im not tryin to push anything on you like other people i just told the top 4 brands and if anyone doubts it look up there reputation

I'm not just hating on rockford fosgate for fun, the subs are made of a stiff plastic
I've heard 3 different setups done by image audio don't get me wrong
one setup was 4 p3 12's it was loud but me personally I like quality of sound
stiff plastic isn't quality. Even their 15's are loud but quality of sound is just garbage.
I guess everyone just likes loudness over quality.

I'm not just hating on rockford fosgate for fun, the subs are made of a stiff plastic
I've heard 3 different setups done by image audio don't get me wrong
one setup was 4 p3 12's it was loud but me personally I like quality of sound
stiff plastic isn't quality. Even their 15's are loud but quality of sound is just garbage.
I guess everyone just likes loudness over quality.

My 12" T1 is definitely not of hard plastic

OK let me just add that I never heard or really looked at the t1 and t2 subs all i heard was p3's but for the price they go for I'd rather get a competition sub from RE Audio but that's just opinion.

getem MANIAK ....and they make subs with different meterials hence the price differences:thumb: and your sub is there to move air not to pic up on every litte key note they just add depth and lows to the music if you want clarity invest in high powered mids and highs dude come on reallyWTF

I'm still waiting for a legit reason to as why Rockford is garbage. I have been building/installing stereos (for myself and friends) for twenty years now. I have been rocking two Rockford amps for about the last 4 years. I have no plans to change those out for any other brand. Rockford is quality built, and can stand the test of time. One of the top brands, imo of course.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I will admit that I don't have a ton of experience in regards to the subject but just from hearing quite a few different set ups that consisted of MTX, Kicker, and JL I prefer Rockford. I will admit that the cleanest sounding system I have ever heard consisted of boston acoustics. Not sure of the specific set up but it sounded awesome.

One thing that I think is worth mentioning is that DSM's are horrible for judging the sound quality of a system. I don't care how much dynamat you have because every ####ing thing rattles. I put my Rockford system which sounded pretty good in my DSM into my Audi and god damn was there a difference. Not a single thing rattles and the sound clarity is soooo much better. It goes without saying that Mitsubishi's have some of the shittiest interiors on the planet though.

Imo, you get what you pay for, p1s arent even on the same level as t1s / t2s. Rockaford fosgate amps such as the t5002 or the d class mono block variants of that class amp that they offer are some of the most potent ive ever delt with, I am however a little bias. And also note, i am no pro!

Oh man... Sony xplods... You are right...

man you guys are kickin A## in here and i love it and i notice there are no more rockford haters with anything to say:tease: ...just because your sony xplod that you got at walmart sub, blew up with your dads or step sisters uncles amp that you got out of a closet somewhere doesnt mean that all stereo equipment that you havnt tried is SH## im just glad to hear all the rockford guys come alive:hellyeah:

Hey, now! Those Xplode 12's are definitely no top of the line sub, but if powered right (Rockford power) they can be tuned in to sound pretty decent. I get compliments on my stereo a lot. Well guess what I have Xplode 12's in my car right now. Would I upgrade my 12's to a better brand? Yes I would, but that comes last cause mine work ok for now.

I'm talking sound quality the sub makes not mid/highs they still suck in my opinion and I'd never
buy any of the subs they make even t1s and t2s don't have good sound quality, they do make great
amps as far as I heard.

I'm talking sound quality the sub makes not mid/highs they still suck in my opinion and I'd never
buy any of the subs they make even t1s and t2s don't have good sound quality, they do make great
amps as far as I heard.

To each his own. When I had the same system in my 95 Talon it sounded good and was ridiculously loud. But when I swapped it into my Audi it sounded so much cleaner. Very crisp as nothing in that car rattles at all.

amps as far as I heard.

I'm just wondering what your experience with Fosgate subs actually consists of. Listening to them in a sound room at a stereo shop, or a friend with a set in his car, or just word of mouth?

A sub is only as good as the amp you use to push it, and vice versa. If you use a top of the line amp on a cheap sub, you can get ok quality, but it wont shake the ground. If you use a cheap amp on a good sub, you're more then likely going to have crappy quality, and you won't shake anything.

In my experience, your amp is the key to a quality, earth shaking stereo. Your subs falling into the second key slot, and then wiring. Cheap wire causes distortion, and interference noises.

boarderlib i couldnt have said it better myself:thumb: and i also to would like to know why you dont like rockford to is it by word of mouth or just so you've heard???

OK let me just add that I never heard or really looked at the t1 and t2 subs all i heard was p3's but for the price they go for I'd rather get a competition sub from RE Audio but that's just opinion.

oh wait!!! so here it is "you have never really looked at or heard T1's or T2's only P3's:tease: sorry bro you told on yourself:tease: thats like saying you like dudes because the only chick you have ever been with was 300lbs and had syphils...catch my drift:D you my friend need to get layed by a supermodel and that super model would be rockford fosgate:hellyeah:

boarderlib i couldnt have said it better myself:thumb: and i also to would like to know why you dont like rockford to is it by word of mouth or just so you've heard???

oh wait!!! so here it is "you have never really looked at or heard T1's or T2's only P3's:tease: sorry bro you told on yourself:tease: thats like saying you like dudes because the only chick you have ever been with was 300lbs and had syphils...catch my drift:D you my friend need to get layed by a supermodel and that super model would be rockford fosgate:hellyeah:

Great minds think alike, man.

Seems to me you did say it better. :thumbup:
I'm still laughing about that one, an hour after I read it.

Regardless of the fact whether I heard t1's or t2's Rockford fosgate makes terrible subs and good amps in opinion, there's no point in arguing about something that's personal preference this thread is just full of ignorance at this point.

Regardless of the fact whether I heard t1's or t2's Rockford fosgate makes terrible subs and good amps in opinion, there's no point in arguing about something that's personal preference this thread is just full of ignorance at this point.

Even though I disagree about the quality of RF subs, he is right. You can argue all day long but no matter what is said it comes down to personal preference. No one audio company is going to be considered the best or even good by everyone.

thanks boarderlib glad i atleast cheered someone up LOL... and totally agreed with personal prefernce ive heard alot of good stuff but never have i said something was garbage unless i physically seen that it didnt perform and was therefor garbage like sony ....yes i have seen xplod subs thump like a mother but as for their amps i have seen people been let down time and time again one friend even caught his car on fire with the sony amp and there were no shorts it was the actual amp itself so like i said if i havnt physically seen it then i dont say anything:nono: but as for my opinion sony xplod amps are GARBAGE!!!

Ak_dsmer is right on the personal preference, but you are wrong about the ignorance. That was a testosterone flare up. Jk. Lol.

That's part of the problem with opinion's. They are like assholes, everybody has one.

I am the same way revelation. I try to only base my opinions on experiences I have with products. If I've never had an experience with something, I don't form opinions. I usually look for someone who does have experience with that particular product.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back