The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Something popping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipst

15+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2003
Queens, New_York
Alright heres the deal, i redid my set-up and i put everything back together. now when i rip first and second gear, its fine but when i hit 5k on 3rd and fourth, i hear a pop. it's not a fuel cut though. it pops then the car jerks, then goes back up to normal boost. could this be due to a mafs problem? i know i have a vacuum leak which i will fix tomorrow, but i doubt that is the problem. could ne1 suggest to me anything about it? all responses are greatly appreciated.

my car did this last year too. It's a misfire? I don't know what exactly caused mine, but I ended up just rebuilding the whole motor. Things to check are coilpacks, ignition module, plugs, wires, and injectors. Are you leaking fuel? A pinched injector O ring could cause that too IMO.

it was perfectly fine until i pulled out the mafs, exhaust mani, 02, turbo, all the lines, and put it back together. i was thinking maybe i just have to reset the ecu. ne 1 thin kthat could solve it??

Sephroth57 said:
any resolution on this? im having the same problem

my set-up was externally gated, and i realized that i plugged a vacuum line on top of the wg instead of the side. Solved the problem. Let me know if this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back