The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

solid mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buryurfear14

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2009
hernando, Florida
Hey, no real up to date info on these bad boys. Is it pretty much find your own machine shop or are there any shops out there still making them? I'm interested in front and rear seeing how I am an awd owner. I don't have much faith in any shops around my area so I'm trying to find a source! I would of posted in an older thread but I can't. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

-Kyle

Oh, good deal! Thanks for the quick response. From what I've read the ride isn't that bad but I would like to see what it rides like before I go through with it. I race XC on quads though so I'm use to getting the S beat out of me. What's a little vibration haha

Remember Mr. claus, common setup doesn't always mean it's the best setup or even a good one! Although I don't think it's all the common, especially on daily drivers.

Talk to TurboGlenn. He did my front and rear. Also the vibrations are honestly not that bad. I got used to them. Also there's a certain RPM range is which the vibrations are the worst. It ranges from 900-1300 RPMS for me but could differ with other cars. Just stay out of that certain range.

Well isn't the stock rpm's usually at 750RPM?
Yeah I don't mind a little vibration either.

The 1G/2G front and rear are the same yes? I couldn't find anything on it.
Since I'm putting a 6 bolt in my 2G they're the same?

What about running polyurethane bushings in the engine mounts and calling it a day? Arent solid mounts mainly good for guys with serious horsepower or track only race cars that would break regular mounts?

For my setup I have poly bushings in all the engine/trans mounts, solid mounts of the driveshaft and I havent had any problems....

The only reason i'm considering it is for the driving experience. From what i've read (in the 9 page topic) the vibrations you gain are worth the feel you get from the solid mounts. Besides, as long as it doesn't vibrate the fillings out of my teeth it won't both me. I might have to add a few extra inches of foam to the seat for my wife however haha. Thanks for all the response on this subject.

badas93tsi, shoot me a price on those inserts man!

I took my front and rear mounts, left the stock ones in. Then I took angle iron, cut it down the middle, cut it to the length of the mount. Drilled a hole through for the bolt, and welded the sides of the mount and iron together. Your solid mounts dont have anything on mine. :) And oddly enough, they dont vibrate that much and the car is solid as all get out.

I made my own mounts out of the stockers also.Left it all together and took a huge washer the size of the outer part of the mount put it on and welded it.The center hole was a bit too large but I just drug my welds to the center bolt sleeve thing.I like them they helped with wheel hop a lot on my gst.I have been using them for almost a year now and no problems.If you turn up your idle a bit you wont notice the extra vibrations.

I took my front and rear mounts, left the stock ones in. Then I took angle iron, cut it down the middle, cut it to the length of the mount. Drilled a hole through for the bolt, and welded the sides of the mount and iron together. Your solid mounts dont have anything on mine. :) And oddly enough, they dont vibrate that much and the car is solid as all get out.

I made my own mounts out of the stockers also.Left it all together and took a huge washer the size of the outer part of the mount put it on and welded it.The center hole was a bit too large but I just drug my welds to the center bolt sleeve thing.I like them they helped with wheel hop a lot on my gst.I have been using them for almost a year now and no problems.If you turn up your idle a bit you wont notice the extra vibrations.

Now THESE mods are what a DSM is all about :) Doing it yourself and being happy about it!

hmmm well i have polyurathane mounts and they feel stiff enough for pretty much any street car, but if u wish for solid mounts theyre pretty easy to find on here.

What about running polyurethane bushings in the engine mounts and calling it a day? Arent solid mounts mainly good for guys with serious horsepower or track only race cars that would break regular mounts?

For my setup I have poly bushings in all the engine/trans mounts, solid mounts of the driveshaft and I havent had any problems....

Mounts are to reduce/eliminate the motor from rocking. Poly bushings, though very sturdy still can rock a bit. I have never seen anyone break a motor mount due to high HP. Other things will give first...like tires...or axles...or trannys. If you're making like 300whp max, I'd say either full poly's or brand new OEM mounts are good enough for you. Anything more than 300, I'd look into putting solid bushings in the front and rears.

Mounts are to reduce/eliminate the motor from rocking. Poly bushings, though very sturdy still can rock a bit. I have never seen anyone break a motor mount due to high HP. Other things will give first...like tires...or axles...or trannys. If you're making like 300whp max, I'd say either full poly's or brand new OEM mounts are good enough for you. Anything more than 300, I'd look into putting solid bushings in the front and rears.

LOL, im sorry, but i cant even come up with a retort for that remark.

Magic #300....

Bottom line, if you want solids, go for it, just keep in mind, like a fat chick, they arent for everyone.

Ive heard of 2G's breaking the tranny housing due to solid MM's though, so keep that in mind.

not just dsm's, that's what modifying a car is really about. it's were the good stuff gets built.

He is just referring to custom fabrication. There are a few threads on here that people take it to the clouds with their imagination and have made a lot of DSMer's proud. The sky is the limit.

LOL, im sorry, but i cant even come up with a retort for that remark.

Magic #300....

Bottom line, if you want solids, go for it, just keep in mind, like a fat chick, they arent for everyone.

Ive heard of 2G's breaking the tranny housing due to solid MM's though, so keep that in mind.

Don't try. Your head might implode from the void.

i would LOVE to fab up my own stuff. But i don't have any type of welder or press or anything other than a tool box and an air compressor. But i'm getting there! My goal is to be able to do anything and everything to my car without needing to take it anywhere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back