The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SoCal Tuning Shops/Repair Shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know my way around cylinder heads so if anyone needs help building one or porting let me know. I just got done doing a badass port job on my head. I'm actually going to need some help doing a 6 bolt swap in a month or so. Anyone in socal done one before? I could use a hand.

I know my way around cylinder heads so if anyone needs help building one or porting let me know. I just got done doing a badass port job on my head. I'm actually going to need some help doing a 6 bolt swap in a month or so. Anyone in socal done one before? I could use a hand.

Haven't done a 6 bolt swap in a 2g... but I've pulled/installed/swapped heads on a few 6 bolts in 1g's. So I know my way around 6 bolts pretty well. Hit me up when you are going to work on it and I'll help out if I can make it. :talon:

sorry for resurrecting this thread, but does anybody know of any good alternator/starter repair shops?? my alternator is crapping out on me and i want to know where i can buy an oem rebuilt alternator for a decent price. i know i can take mine to get rebuilt, but this is my dd and the only car i have running at the moment, so id rather not have it down for too long. and id also like to have an extra good alternator at hand.

A dealership or vendors is your best bet to get yourself and OEM alternator.

Anyways, since this thread was dusted already does anyone know if Chai still has his place at C&A?

Autozone for a 'refurbished' one.
Or a used OEM one.
Doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Nah, too much negative feedback on parts store alternators. Anyways, I think my alternator is still good. I decided to take it out today and clean it with electronic parts cleaner, and all 3 idiot lights don't turn on anymore while my car idles, which is the problem I was having, indicating that it was starting to crap out. I guess oil got in there from an earlier incident about a month ago and cleaning it helped it out. It was worth a try before going out and buying a new one, and lo and behold, it seems to be operating normally.
At idle, voltage at the battery reads 13.4v and at the alternator same thing. Before cleaning, voltage at the alternator would fluctuate from 12.1v down to 0 then back up.

Sorry to change the thread but does anybody know where I can get a act 2100 clutch install? Rre wants a 1086.00 with tax to do mine and a local shop wants 650. I don't have time to do it my self.

How far is adelanto from Pomona? I can do a clutch install for you for cheap.

A dealership or vendors is your best bet to get yourself and OEM alternator.

Anyways, since this thread was dusted already does anyone know if Chai still has his place at C&A?

I was there about a month ago and yeah he still had it really good service there.

Sorry to change the thread but does anybody know where I can get a act 2100 clutch install? Rre wants a 1086.00 with tax to do mine and a local shop wants 650. I don't have time to do it my self.

You should try C&A he does really good work and he will charge alot less. He did my tranny swqp and charged alot less than anyone else near me and had it done in a matter of 6 hours. It was less than the prices you posted also. Im sure itll be about the same for a clutch job.

I was there about a month ago and yeah he still had it really good service there.

You should try C&A he does really good work and he will charge alot less. He did my tranny swqp and charged alot less than anyone else near me and had it done in a matter of 6 hours. It was less than the prices you posted also. Im sure itll be about the same for a clutch job.

Ok cool thx bro. Ill hit him up.

Yeah, those clutchjob prices are insane. unless there's a difference between installing an act clutch and a regular clutch that I don't know about, I don't see why those prices are so high. Well since I will be doing it in my driveway, so I won't charge a shop's price. but if you would rather take it to a legit shop rather than to a driveway mechanic, I understand. But I am an autotech student at rio hondo college and I already took manual trans class and passed with a b, so I do know what I am doing and I do have the proper tools for a clutch job. When I bought my 2g, I had to replace the throw out bearing because it broke after a week of owning it. I did it in my driveway and I been driving it for about a month with no clutch or tranny issues.
I do advise you to buy a new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and pressure plate for a proper clutch job.

Yeah, those clutchjob prices are insane. unless there's a difference between installing an act clutch and a regular clutch that I don't know about, I don't see why those prices are so high. Well since I will be doing it in my driveway, so I won't charge a shop's price. but if you would rather take it to a legit shop rather than to a driveway mechanic, I understand. But I am an autotech student at rio hondo college and I already took manual trans class and passed with a b, so I do know what I am doing and I do have the proper tools for a clutch job. When I bought my 2g, I had to replace the throw out bearing because it broke after a week of owning it. I did it in my driveway and I been driving it for about a month with no clutch or tranny issues.
I do advise you to buy a new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and pressure plate for a proper clutch job.

Ok yah well we both can do it. Yah I wana replace those also. I have a fwd and was told that I had to drop the motor in order to do the clutch. How much u lookin to charge? Pm me

Well since you want to help out, id have to think of a price. When would u be available. I'm on spring break this week.
My 2g is fwd also. I didn't drop the engine to replace the throwing bearing. We can install the clutch on the engine with it still being on the car, but dropping the engine would be easier for a clutch job, but much more tedious having to disconnect everything on the engine side and all mounts. I usually do clutchjobs with the engine on the car.

Well since you want to help out, id have to think of a price. When would u be available. I'm on spring break this week.
My 2g is fwd also. I didn't drop the engine to replace the throwing bearing. We can install the clutch on the engine with it still being on the car, but dropping the engine would be easier for a clutch job, but much more tedious having to disconnect everything on the engine side and all mounts. I usually do clutchjobs with the engine on the car.

If we can do it with the motor in that's cool to. I gota check with my work schedule and have to get back at you

Fucckkkkk!
I called up C&A and talked to Chai earlier i told em what i need and he quoted me $2800 for an engine rebuild. Just for labor.

Ok let me know. I'm available usually on Saturday's. During the week I worry about school and do minor car repairs that don't take long. So whenever you have a free sat, let me know.
After contemplating on how much I should charge you, I decided that I would gladly help a fellow dsmer and will accept any donation you would give me for sharing my knowledge and mechanical skills with you. I know times are hard and we don't all have much money money to spare, so that's my reason for deciding to accept a donation.

Oh yeah, another thing. When was the last time you changed the tranny oil? If it's been awhile, might as well put in new tranny oil since were going to have to drain it out of the tranny anyways.

Ok let me know. I'm available usually on Saturday's. During the week I worry about school and do minor car repairs that don't take long. So whenever you have a free sat, let me know.
After contemplating on how much I should charge you, I decided that I would gladly help a fellow dsmer and will accept any donation you would give me for sharing my knowledge and mechanical skills with you. I know times are hard and we don't all have much money money to spare, so that's my reason for deciding to accept a donation.

Oh yeah, another thing. When was the last time you changed the tranny oil? If it's been awhile, might as well put in new tranny oil since were going to have to drain it out of the tranny anyways.

Ok cool thx bro. I usualy have Saturdays off but my dad went into brain surgery so rite now everything is in the air. I never changed it I only owned it for a month and I'm trying to fix the miss firing. I gota replace my crankshaft position sensor.

So you just purchased the car recently? I, as well as any other dsmer, highly advise you to do preventative maintenance on your car. Get that out of the way before you start modding the car for more power. It will save you alot of money in the long run. The most important thing is the timing belt and all timing belt components. I have yet to do my timing belt on my 2g I just bought, but I have done a timing belt job on my 1g but my dumbass only replaced the timing belt, and the tensioner decided to crap out on me after 1 week of replacing the belt, so it's been down for about 2 years now because of it. Don't let what happened with my 1g happen to you. In all honesty, I think I have driven my 1g about a whole good month after owning it for about 4 years. I never did preventative maintenance on it, and well, it's just sitting at my parents house in Texas waiting for me to come and pick it up, replace the head on it, and do the proper maintenance on it so I can start driving it again. Meanwhile, now that I've got a pretty reliable 2g as a daily driver, I'm saving up to get my 1g back on the road and use it strictly for racing.
So pretty much, before investing in go fast mods, invest in preventative maintenance and you will be much happier with your turbo dsm. My 2g had a misfiring problem as well, and it turned out being it had the wrong spark plugs. Misfire fixed, and now I'm boosting happily all over these Honda kids in my town.

Yah I'm replace all belts including timing belt and tensioner. I did all the maintenance on it except trans fluid, brakes, and belts. It just takes time to get the cash. I'ma do the belts in a couple weeks. Just dealing with the family situation. The guy I bought t off of was a total idiot. He was an x honda kid and loved miatas. He miss treated this car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back