1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Resolved snow injection NO BUNG need options asap

Posted by lasershark, Aug 8, 2015

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. lasershark

lasershark Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2013
    over yander, Idaho
    So I don't know if the kit is supposed to come with a nozzle bung or if you are "supposed to" thread the nozzles directly into the piping? :confused::confused::confused:

Either way if anybody knows an acceptable alternative to buying a bung and having to wait for shipping yet again that would be great!! (maybe a nut size to use as a bung??) Just want to make sure the nozzle is right.

Or if you are supposed to thread the nozzles directly into the piping, I would think, Boost leak??

Need a little insight

as always THANKS :thumb:

nozzles.jpg bung.jpg Did I get skimped on the bung or do you have to buy that separate??

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

3K  5

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    You need a bung welded into the pipe. Or buy a pipe with them already in, silicone intakes sells them.

Drag Race Build 885  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.408 @ 112.930 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. lasershark

lasershark Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2013
    over yander, Idaho
    From what I found the bungs are 1/4" think and obviously the 1/8" npt that you are supposed to tap the intake pipe with. I am going to check a hardware store to see if I can get lucky.

I figured a bung is pretty much mandatory considering the thickness. or lack of I should say, of the intercooler pipes.

I guess the kit doesn't come with them, an oversight on my side I guess. I would think it would come with it.

Thanks Kauai I'll check out silicone intakes as well, what ever saves me time!!

3K  5

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM