The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

smog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
what kind of modifications would cause a car to fail a smog test in callifornia. I just got stationed out here in the coast guard and bought a 95 eclipse gsx. it has a HKS catback exhaust, high flow cat, big 16g turbo and apexi safc. will any of these cause my car to fail a smog test? any info would be greatly appreciated because I am new to all of this smog crap. thanx

probably the biggest problem is going to be the SAFC because if your running rich your emissions will be through the roof. Also, that high flow may not be all that great as far as reducing emissions. Those are the two I would be most concerned with.

I just got the car and have never used a safc before, how hard would it be to use that to lean it out if it is running rich?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back