The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Should it cost this much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob123131

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2004
winona, Minnesota
I have 74,000 miles on my eclipse and still have stock timing belt. I want to get it replaced and the only place i know for sure that will do it is the dealship and they wanted 450 to do it which seems like a rip to me. Will any shop do it? Also i have looked at post about doing it yourself but havent found a real good one for 2g if u know one plz tell and also if u have done this by yourself about how long did it take. Is it a job for an amatuer?

just pay the shop the 450 and be done w/ it. 450 is not a rip. there is so alot of work involved, you dont even know how much it takes to do a timing job, correctly. a shop is the right place to go, especially for you. Its obvious you dont know much about dsm's letting that belt go over 74000 miles is absurd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back