The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Sensor Identification on OFH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcubed45

Proven Member
Mar 8, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Can anyone tell me what's stock and what's not on the oil filter housing? This is a 95 talon tsi awd for reference. I'm pretty sure the sensor on the left is after market as there's bright blue speaker wire coming off one of the leads and wraps around the bay before entering the cabin. What normally sits there in place of it?

Is the other fitting just below that aftermarket as well? Is it supposed.to have a screw sitting in it?

Finally is the sensor on the right the stock one? It looks like it based on how the wires from the harness are routed along it.

Still figuring out what exactly the previous owner did to this car and how best to restore it...

Thanks!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Can anyone tell me what's stock and what's not on the oil filter housing? This is a 95 talon tsi awd for reference. I'm pretty sure the sensor on the left is after market as there's bright blue speaker wire coming off one of the leads and wraps around the bay before entering the cabin. What normally sits there in place of it?
Yeah, looks like an aftermarket oil pressure sender.
Is the other fitting just below that aftermarket as well? Is it supposed.to have a screw sitting in it?
Yeah, aftermarket fitting that has been capped with some type of bolt/screw.
Finally is the sensor on the right the stock one? It looks like it based on how the wires from the harness are routed along it.
Looks like the oem sender. I believe the aftermarket parts have replaced caps/plugs in the filter housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back