The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

sensor above intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
ok im wondering what is the sensor that is bolted to the firewall that is right behind the intake manifold/throttle body? It has 2 wire and it has a vacuum line coming out of it. Also i never noticed this on my car and i def didnt do this but the two vacuum line nipples on top of the throttle body is capped off. there is a small hose running from one nipple to the other. and the sensor im asking about has a vacuum line that is just hanging there and im pretty sure it should be connected to one of the vacuum lines that are capped off. I have no idea what this sensor is so.. ya sorry i dont have a camera right now but ill try to get a pic up if nobody knows what im talking about. thanks

hold on ill post a pic up in a sec i think my buddy has a camera i can use

ok heres a pic the red is the sensor and the yellow is where the nipples are capped off. p.s. - the reason im asking is b/c my car wont boost past 10psi with a brand new turbo.. did boost leak test and no leaks so now im checking for vacuum leaks, bad MBC, bad BOV, etc..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
hold on ill post a pic up in a sec i think my buddy has a camera i can use

ok heres a pic the red is the sensor and the yellow is where the nipples are capped off. P.s. - the reason im asking is b/c my car wont boost past 10psi with a brand new turbo.. Did boost leak test and no leaks so now im checking for vacuum leaks, bad mbc, bad bov, etc..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

see if this helps

Attachments

• ECLIPSE VACUUM LINES.png
    ECLIPSE VACUUM LINES.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 541
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back