The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Seat head rest removal? Need to know ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milby43

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2008
Laurel Springs, New_Jersey
Hey, so my dellema is that my driver seat has a rather large tear in it. Now I cant find seats, and i need it fixed soon. Im gonna put a seat cover on it, but i wanna take out the adjustable head rest (i dont know if there are automatic ones, but mines mechanical). So that I can put the seat cover over it, and then make holes so the headrest can be outside of the cover. Same this for the passenger seat. Im not sure if they would vary.

And i have a big thing to do this weekend, and my front driver side cv shaft boot is ripped. Its the one closer to the trans. Its riped all the way around. Do you think it will last? It doesnt make any noise that I know of.

Thanks alot guy, i need some help fast.

Andrew

Hey if you're looking for seats see how far away you are from me, 12553. If you aren't too far I have a pretty good set I can hook ya up with

You'll get over her :D

On a more serious note, are you having trouble to take the headrest off?

They should just pull right out

I have never seen a 1g with removable headrests or are you taking about the square inserts?

im talking about these
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I wanna pull them out and off the seats. So that i can put a seat cover over and then put holes in the cover to allow the headrests to go back into the seats.

My fault, i dont think i mentioned it was a 1g. 93 eagle talon leather seats. I really need help, cause i dont want to get seat covers if i cant keep the head rest over top of it. I dont want to just pull on the headrest and break it.

Have you tried fully extending the head rest and then holding the button and pulling the head test up, like on most cars? I have the cloth seats if you want them.

Have you tried fully extending the head rest and then holding the button and pulling the head test up, like on most cars? I have the cloth seats if you want them.

yea i have, i mean it doensnt feel like its gonna come out, but maybe i just gotta nut up and pull the shit out. I mean if it went in, it has to come out right?

And what color seats, cause im trying to keep the inside matching nicely.

Yea I can try and figure out how to remove them tomorrow if ya can't figure it out. And the are the grey cloth seated. You can use them as temps until you find new ones or if they match good enough you can keep em

Yea I can try and figure out how to remove them tomorrow if ya can't figure it out. And the are the grey cloth seated. You can use them as temps until you find new ones or if they match good enough you can keep em

Thing is i just dont really have that much money, i wouldnt be able to buy them from you and then have enough for seats that would match the interior.

Im going to try again, and see if they will come out.

On another note, my throttle body shaft seals (o rings i believe ?) are going. I did a boost leak test, and it leaks....

Thing is i just dont really have that much money, i wouldnt be able to buy them from you and then have enough for seats that would match the interior.

If you haven't seen any of my part out ads on here, I have been parting my 1G, all OEM parts for free. If you're local you pick it up and done, if you need shipped you pay shipping and it's yours. That's why I said you can just keep them LOL

If you haven't seen any of my part out ads on here, I have been parting my 1G, all OEM parts for free. If you're local you pick it up and done, if you need shipped you pay shipping and it's yours. That's why I said you can just keep them LOL

what color are any body parts you have. Sun visors?

on the question about your cv joint, check to see if their is any grease still in it, if not slop some in as a temperary fix and go about your weekend. if it is not making noise i would not worry...

on the question about your cv joint, check to see if their is any grease still in it, if not slop some in as a temperary fix and go about your weekend. if it is not making noise i would not worry...

alright thank you. I have grease in my car, i believe its gear grease, i know its black. I use to use it for the bearings on my bmx bike.

body is pretty shot, almost all of the interior is there http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000427240239 Go to the Album labeled Talon and you can see the color, it's the white talon

visors are gone

I didnt see any pictures of seats, maybe im looking in the wrong places. But do you got an oem throttle body? my o rings are blown. I got a boost leak, and its kinda hard to find the right o rings

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back