The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

saturn alternator main power wire routing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
I just completed the saturn swap in my 2g, and i havnt been able to find anything on where to rout the main power wire. I routed it to my power distribution block in the engine bay (battery relocated to the truck) but I have lost all power to my interior electronics (windows, locks, blower motor, lights) so im wondering if i should just extend the main power wire on the original harness so it goes back to the fuse box? If that is the best option, do i need to replace the fuse with a higher amp fuse to work with 96 amps?

Thanks

I put mine in the trunk too n I see u have no power to anything in side u check the wire on the fuse panel. I routed my alt wire to starter then from starter to distribution block. Then on distribution block I ran 2 4 gauge wire to the fuse block I connect one to the alt side n the other right on the side of it Its like n L shape u got 1 spot then 2 spots one of the 2 spots is for a spare 60 amp fuse on the inner L side first one is the wire that powers the fuse panel to the inside then the next is the alt fuse that one n the one to the right of it like I said form n l shape is those guys to that run to distribution block n that's all the wires u need running to block if u have any more questions just pm me or reply on thread n ill keep o o check back on it.

At 3 or 4 ill go out n take pics just in case u still don't understand the wiring part

Check out my images on my profile to get a better understanding hope this helps u out..

Last edited:
Be sure your getting power ran to the fuse box and with proper size fuses. I ran a 160amp saturn alternator and kept blowing the main fuse.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back